RD.57D-C 1/48 CA B.57 kit bash

4 hours ago, canberra kid said:

The marking out is done, now I can scribe the detail tomorrow.

IMG_2036_zps9e3g4mit.jpg 

John,

You sure know how to have fun! Just discovered your project-looking good so far! Pulling up a chair for this one, as the blokes like to say! You ain't no Canberra Kid- you da' man! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Mike

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

John,

You sure know how to have fun! Just discovered your project-looking good so far! Pulling up a chair for this one, as the blokes like to say! You ain't no Canberra Kid- you da' man! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Mike

Thanks Mike, I've put the PR.3 on hold so I can get on with this little job :), all being well she will turn out ok.

John 

Really enjoying your marking out and scribing John. There is something deeply satisfying about such processes - more so when watching somebody else do it! :lol:

Bravo. 

Tony

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Really enjoying your marking out and scribing John. There is something deeply satisfying about such processes - more so when watching somebody else do it! :lol:

Bravo. 

Tony

Thanks Tony, I must say that this is fast becoming one of my favorite processes, so long as it's on a nice flat wing, it's quite satisfying. I've yet to master curves and going around corners though :)

John

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

I'll reserve my thoughts on that until I finish the build. or the build finishes me :)

John 

Be strong young soldier. If anyone can do it its yourself. Godspeed and good luck.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 71chally said:

Wow, that is a labour of love their John, superb work

@71chally It is James, I've been wanting to build this for a very long time but there have been things I've needed to sort out before I could start, mainly how the do the new nacelles, now I've not that sorted I've run out of excuses why I shouldn't. It also took a long time to decide which kit to go with, I was very close to going Airfix as I wouldn't feel so bad if it all went horribly wrong, but after thinking about it in more depth I came to the conclusion that the CA kit would require less work to do the necessary mod's. Time will tell if I was right! :)

John     

• Like 2

The weekend starts here! I finished work early so I thought I'd use my time productively and got the base for the new nacelles sorted out. The Aluminium tube is slid all the way in up to the wheel well so it should be nice and secure. When I've sorted out the compressor fan and centre boddy I can attach the intake lip fairing and then build it all up with milliput to get the right profile, simple!! :)

mMzyux.jpg

John

• Like 4