A couple of Challengers 2 ...

Hello gents,

today I added the last details ... aerials, periscopes and gunner's sight !!

Periscopes are made of .75mm clear styrene cut to size and the gunner's sight has a clear "glass" and then a black painted background with a blue lens to replicate the sight's lens ... not 100% accurate but better than the flat Trumpy part ;)

I still have to work on the crew ... 

img_0817.jpg
img_0818.jpg
img_0819.jpg

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 6

Hello gents,

this week end, I worked on the crew ... I'm only a begginer in figures painting, need to work to "domesticate" paints and have a steadier hand :huh:

The DPM camo is from a decal's sheet, and not as dark in reality  ... still have to make the hilights / shadows on the arms of the TC & loader.

img_0821.jpg
img_0820.jpg
img_0822.jpg

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 5

Thanks for your comments B)

Widow, the TC and loader are from Valkyrie's Granby set and the driver's from an Accurate Armour set with a spare Valkyrie head ;) ... nice resin figures.

E

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Etienne said:

Thanks for your comments B)

Widow, the TC and loader are from Valkyrie's Granby set and the driver's from an Accurate Armour set with a spare Valkyrie head ;) ... nice resin figures.

E

Thanks,

Nice resin figures, nicely done too.

Hello gents,

the KFOR Challenger is mostly finished ... jus a few details to refine probably and then direct to the RFI section ;)

I wasn't able to make close-up shots of the crew, but will try for the next photos ...

img_0825.jpg
img_0824.jpg
img_0826.jpg
img_0828.jpg
img_0827.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 7

Hello gents,

thanks for your support ;) Still plenty of room for improvement, the grain of the photos hides all the minor flaws :huh:

Anyway, I think the postures of the crew members help creating a realistic look ... the Valkyrie figures are really worth it.

I have a few details to add, lockers on the stowage boxes for instance ... and the 2nd Chally will go to the paint booth, as it received a coat of primer yesterday.

Cheers, E

Hello gents,

there you have the 2nd Chally with a coat of primer and zenithal hilights ... will have to wait for the base coat as I bought the Hataka paints "british modern afv" set :P 

img_0829.jpg
img_0830.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

very nice work!!!, How many colors have you used?...:popcorn:, cheers Etienne :yes:

Hello Francis,

I used black primer, then medium grey and light grey to create contrasts ;)

More realistic in my opinion than basic pre-shading ... but takes more time to achieve a good result ...

Cheers, E 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello gents,

base coating the Chally was some kind of experiment ... I tested the modern british set of Hataka and even if the paint is rather good, and the colors very nice, it's very different from the Vallejo paints I'm used to but the result is nice, isn't it ?

img_0810.jpg
img_0811.jpg

Next step will be the camo scheme ... cheers, E

• Like 3