Jet Provost T5 - Sword 1/72

My second finished Sword kit! Biggest problem I faced with this is that the canopy is significantly too wide for the fuselage. I ended up putting in a shim of plastic in the nose forward of the cockpit of around 1mm, and then a tapering shim aft of the cockpit which widened the nose enough so that the canopy fitted nicely.  However the nose light fit was then less than perfect but with some judicious sanding an loads of PVA glue it doesn't look too bad.  The nose is rammed full of stainless steel balls - it just about avoids being a tail sitter.

35941724035_23cf09732c_o.jpgjp1 

I also managed to stand on the windscreen breaking it and I can say that Sword customer service were excellent sending me a replacement one without charge.

35941722955_5e89b2b6ef_o.jpgjp7 

This is definitely not a kit for total beginners as the instructions were somewhat vague in their placement of some of the smaller parts. Decals came from Air Decals sheet of display JP5s and went on very nicely.

35809427121_cb94099be2_o.jpgjp6 

Hope you like!

35941722245_3070dd2490_o.jpgjp9 

35941723725_56e122fc76_o.jpgjp3 

35809427331_1e27e6158e_o.jpgjp4 
Pat

• Like 35

Another great build Pat, I must say you overcame the canopy problem very well.  I also saw one of these flying last year off the coast or should I say hugging the coastline down at Tankerton, Whitstable, Kent, I was surprised at how 'quite' it was.  More please.

• Like 1

Looks great Pat, come out really well, love the scheme.

Ive got same kit in the stash, took it out the other day but just can't get the enthusiasm to start a new build at the moment!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Extremely nice Pat :worthy: .

Lovely paintwork and a very clean build. Well done on solving the canopy dilemma and thanks for sharing how you worked out the fix.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1