Scamell pioneer breakdown tractor

Hewy

On 18/10/2017 at 17:32, Kris B said:

No doubt not know how it should be painted, but as the job I say is brilliant. 

Thanks chris, nothing wrong with taking advice from folks that are in the know, it was much appreciated, thanks again

Glynn

You're  too kind clive, there's some connecting rods to add,  and a pipe or two, then it's on to the detailing and weathering on the jib  and winch,in fact theres quite a bit to do still to the cab,  the old lady won't be finished any time soon, but it was always going to be long term, why rush when I'm enjoying it, thanks again clive

Glynn

1 hour ago, AndyRM101 said:

Glynn, there's a rather excellent recovery tool set from KFS available. I've just used it on my Scammell, and it really improves the final look, especially since IBG give you nothing except a hook and a bit of string.

Andy:cat:

Accurate Armour also make a set of British Recovery Equipment, I'm not sure which set is better!   https://accurate-armour.com/new/135th-accessories/a186

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Glynn, there's a rather excellent recovery tool set from KFS available. I've just used it on my Scammell, and it really improves the final look, especially since IBG give you nothing except a hook and a bit of string.

Andy:cat:

20 hours ago, Big Person said:

Accurate Armour also make a set of British Recovery Equipment, I'm not sure which set is better!   https://accurate-armour.com/new/135th-accessories/a186

Andy

Thanks for the heads up fellas, I'll  investigate, it is a bit on the stingy side ibgs offerings for the jib  and winch section

Glynn

• 1 month later...

I've been pecking on hoping to complete the cab, but with a little less time for modelling just lately theres stil a bit to do to it, nevertheless there has been progress, i scratch built the basket support rod to the cab, not in the kit, side curtains rolled from foil, the bridge weight disk, along with the width indicator stalks on the mud gaurds, also the wing mirror,  the arms just looked a bit thick on the kit ones (there'll be only one on the drivers side) i added a little rivet detail on the bonnet in the 4 corners, also the engine has had few extra rods and pipes added and is now as  finished as its going to be, the kits shovel that goes on the side is so under scale its comical, so I'll  hunt through some kits and bits and see what i can come up with,I've  made a tarp from tissue thats in the side storage  this may not be its final resting place though , the weathering is still not complete some oils and pigments still to add at the end, I've picked up some accessories for it, the accurate armour recovery set, jerry cans, and a photo etch tool set and  a fine chain, a few pics, comments and criticism as always welcome thanks 

Glynn

2017-12-03_01-17-18

2017-12-03_01-05-56

2017-12-03_01-07-26

2017-12-03_01-05-37

2017-12-03_01-04-28

2017-12-03_01-13-48

2017-12-03_01-03-29

2017-12-03_01-12-47

• Like 13

3 hours ago, clive_t said:

Looking great there Glynn, the cab and engine detail in particular are amazing! 

:thumbsup2:

Thanks clive, glad you approve, 

2 hours ago, longshanks said:

Magnificent !

Kev

Kev, your most kind i appreciate it

57 minutes ago, Etienne said:

Very nice ... the weathering is spot-on, looking forward to seeing the next step ;) E

The weathering from now on may  be a bit challenging for me it'll be the first attempt with pigments I've bought a set from vallejo, I've had a bash at oils before though , thanks E, i hope it wont be as long to post next time, 

39 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Gorgeous, the paint looks as if it is really old and weathered. Like it a lot!

Its looking old probably because it is, i started this back  in july:P, thanks though julian a good gee up is always welcome, 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, longshanks said:

:poke:

Looking forward to seeing this completed

Kev

Guilty as charged,, Prod duly noted, back on this to the finish this week, honest guv, got sidtracked a bit with a  mojo boosting spitfire 😏

Glynn 

• Haha 1

Work does continue on the scammell, a slight detour on a  1/32 spitfire(which is ready for markings) so I'll  now be bringing the recovery tractor to a conclusion, fingers crossed, I've had to make the guides on the jib from old pe as the crane part of the kit is lacking somewhat, i sourced a fine chain for the adjustment of the jib and now have the back of the scammell ready to marry up to the cab, as with the cab I've pre weathered the back to a degree, (it maybe looks a little ott but i do have a plan, honest) I'll post a couple of pictures tommorrow after the said marriage, and then  it'll be gloss,  decals,  oils, and some  pigments, 

Comments welcome cheers 

Glynn

aBI65kS.jpg

yrEv9Pr.jpg

6aPtbss.jpg

NcokD5Z.jpg

LcoeocX.jpg

1OId1lO.jpg

4FvzwXS.jpg

• Like 7