Scamell pioneer breakdown tractor

Hewy

Hi Glynn. Just been catching up and, I have to say, I am well impressed! Your additional work on the base kit is amazing. You are certainly making great improvements to it. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 18/09/2017 at 18:46, PlaStix said:

Hi Glynn. Just been catching up and, I have to say, I am well impressed! Your additional work on the base kit is amazing. You are certainly making great improvements to it. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix, glad you like it so far

On 15/09/2017 at 04:50, Ripaman said:

Brilliant work Glynn love the attention to the details :thumbsup:

Regards

Richard

Richard, thanks I'm miles off yours and others on here's  impressive modifications and scratching,  but I'm humbled thanks

Not had much chance of late to get down to much but,  an hour here or there has mounted up, the wagon has her boots on and I've set the radiator in place and the bars that i made that connect the rad to the cab are set, a little geometrical error here on the cab side will require a little work, some strips to the chassis between the rad and cab were also added, a couple more details around the winch are also added now, theres some more connecting rods and pipe work still to go under the bonnet, also the kit air filter which appears a little under scale, will be discarded for a scratch built one that i think will pass muster, also added an arm rest on the passenger seat, and steering wheel is in,  and the front of the cab is glued to the chassis, the rear is  just about fully assembled,, 

Ive started to make the little hooks which i believe are for the fitting of the side panels there are two each side on the bars that connect the rad and cab, one can be seen here, still working on these, think it might be best to make them from fuse wire. 

2017-09-24_07-32-25

Kits,  and my airfilter

2017-09-24_07-37-38

2017-09-24_07-37-21

2017-09-24_07-33-14

Bonnet fits

2017-09-24_07-32-36

2017-09-24_07-33-56

2017-09-24_07-33-37

2017-09-24_07-33-27

The back just rested on to check clearances

2017-09-24_07-32-03

2017-09-24_07-32-14

Mods to the cab roof under a coat of paint

2017-09-24_07-31-47

Thanks for looking ,

Glynn 

• Like 18

I'm only just catching up on this as life has been a bit hectic one way and another recently.

It's a really good looking job. I love the weathering and the detail. Military Scammels really were the poodle's privates and this looks like it's gong to be terrific.

• Like 1

Hi Glynn, I've only just discovered this website and also your build through an online search. I'm currently building this kit and am going to make mine an RAF version. Can you tell me how you achieved such a realistic wooden floor effect in the cab, and also if possible the paints / colours you used, please? Here's a couple of photos of the engine.

Thanks

Andy

resized_2955e622-4e81-4566-99ab-86be4b2e

resized_baa2eea9-7f2a-488a-9520-78f4b896

Edited by Big Person
added photos
  • Like 7

Thats nicley greased up andy, looking very nice indeed, the floor,  right, i bought some valejo wood effects paint, but this turned out not to be completely suitable due to it being intended for plastic that has  a wood grain effect already embossed, i primed with the valejo paints primer  out of the pack, and then i just kept painting one very watered down translucent coat doing it in patches (where the wear would be)  with differen colours of browns tans and mustard colours, it wasn't what i was after to be honest, and if i tried i probably couldnt replicate it again, i know that was my third attempt though at painting the floor:P and i was starting to lose the plot, the paints i mainly used were the valejo wood effect pack and some other valejo browns and sepia  and black washes, all the best and why not start a thread and show us your build the engine looks like a good start

Glynn

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big Person said:

Thanks for the information Glynn, it will be very helpful. Not sure about a build thread as I don't want to get in the way of your excellent build.

Andy

The more the merrier andy and thanks 

Glynn

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hewy said:

The more the merrier andy and thanks 

Glynn

I do know of one particular build thats around the same stage as mine but not on Britmodeller, which will probably be in finished soon, ish and is a stunner,  it will be posted in tbe rfi section i believe,, so c'mon andy you know how to post up pictures, inspiration for all  i say, including me.. 

Glynn

I've really enjoyed reading through this thread. Fantastic work on this beaten up old warhorse. The added details look great and enhance what is already a good looking kit. The engine is very impressive and good use of the Archer rivets. They're great aren't they?

• Like 1

Thanks nigel,  the archer rivets are very nice under paint I'm  most impressed,  with a little micro sol the decal film disappears but  i find they don't like to be handled much till you get some paint on then they're very resilient, they even took a light sanding on the roof.  I'm glad you like what I'm trying to do although when i started i didn't intend it  to be as its turning out, oob steady build i thought, i think that went out of the window on page 1:P, i love the kit and the screen correction and bits of detailing have been enjoyable  rather than a chore, still a bit  to do,  but I've been doing some mickey mouse camo on the old warhorse tonight, pics over the weekend  thanks again

Glynn

• Like 1

I don't have a clue how I missed this one! Maybe I didn't but my pills kicked in and caused short-term memory loss?:think:

I can't add anything to what's already been said. Simply stunning work. Really looking forward to the Mickey Mouse camo.

Rearguards,

Badder

Oh dear. Turns out I did know about this thread, so yes, I blame the pills!

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Badder said:

I don't have a clue how I missed this one! Maybe I didn't but my pills kicked in and caused short-term memory loss?:think:

I can't add anything to what's already been said. Simply stunning work. Really looking forward to the Mickey Mouse camo.

Rearguards,

Badder

Oh dear. Turns out I did know about this thread, so yes, I blame the pills!

Lol, no probs badder, done it myself:P

• Like 2

A common fallacy when painting " Mickey Mouse " is to carry it on to horizontal surfaces . With this style of camouflage and shadow shading all surfaces viewed from directly above should be painted in solid darker colour , not patterned.

Andrew