Scamell pioneer breakdown tractor

Hewy

Just a small update, ive been working on the inside of the cab. The engine exaust and steering rack are fitted and ive painted the radiator and added a coolant hose at the bottom, and holes drilled for a bar each side that runs from cab to rad, a few more control bars from the engine to do but they can't be fitted till the cabs on,, I've  decided that seeing as I've  got to cut clear acetate sheet for the screen i may as well have the front windows  open, i'll have to fashion some frames mind,  thanks for looking 

Glynn  thanks for the comments 

I've added a bit of wiring and found some old dial decals for the panel, if i can find some for the smaller dials I'll put them on, they'd probably be 1/72 ish  cockpit ones in size, looking at the pictures zoomed in it looks like I've  got a bit of touching up to do

2017-07-30_07-37-36

2017-07-30_07-39-28

2017-07-30_07-38-56

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 19

5 hours ago, Ripaman said:

That is coming along brilliantly Glynn :like: I am sure there would have been some oil left after it had moved on.

Regards

Richard

It does look like its blew every gasket on  it, maybe a service wouldnt go a miss:P

22 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That engine really looks the business. I can almost feel the vibrations as it ticks over.

John.

I dont think it'd ever run by the look of it :D

1 hour ago, Kris B said:

It is gonna be a nice workhorse. 

Thanks chris, in the cold light of day may be a couple of  clicks over the top, but ive made my bed now, 

Thanks again gents

Glynn

I've been  working on the cab

and  painted the floor, to be honest i hoped it would come out a bit more worn wood looking, but thats my 3rd attempt at it, the line was drawn, also glazed the front windows with acetate due to altering the windscreen frame,  I've just gone for one side open, as soon as the white glue sets i can add the etch opening rods and try and clean them, also gave the back of the cab a coat of paint  and a wash,  and got one of the rifles painted, also I've made the seat cushions out of milliput, cheers

Glynn

2017-08-09_06-14-30

2017-08-09_06-14-30

Darn it, dont seem able to delete this double photo, sorry

2017-08-09_06-53-33

Looks like the crew had mucky trousers, weather must have been atrocious 

2017-08-09_06-14-52

The kits seat cushions along side

2017-08-09_06-16-05

2017-08-09_06-16-53

2017-08-09_06-17-45

• Like 10

On 02/08/2017 at 07:29, PlaStix said:
On 02/08/2017 at 07:29, PlaStix said:

Very impressive work all around Glynn and the engine, especially, is superb. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stixs, very kind, I've been on holiday and missed some posts. 

Glynn

• Like 1

No problem Glynn and I am very impressed with the work you are doing in the cab but I am a bit concerned about the stains on the seats! :sick:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

No problem Glynn and I am very impressed with the work you are doing in the cab but I am a bit concerned about the stains on the seats! :sick:

Kind regards,

Stix

I think the crew must have had a pretty scary breakdown to attend:P

• Like 2

Really nice paint job ... impressing for sure !! B)

I didn't consider using the hairspray method for such a work on the chassis but I can only say that the result is utterly realistic !!

E

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Etienne said:

Really nice paint job ... impressing for sure !! B)

I didn't consider using the hairspray method for such a work on the chassis but I can only say that the result is utterly realistic !!

E

Thanks etienne, every time i look at the chassis now i fear I've done too much  on the chipping, i think its probably too late now though, thanks again

Glynn

On 09/08/2017 at 20:43, Hamden said:

Cab looks great - love the wood effect flooring

Roger

Thanks roger, i was begining to lose the plot on the cab floor, i still think its a tad too green, but I'm happy with the look, 

A small but time consuming update,  after altering the angles on the cab windscreen  and adding 1mm to each  of the front  lower sides,   i was expecting a bit of a geometrical nightmare when it comes to fitting  the cab sides, even though I've seperated both doors theres a bit of a cill along the bottom, alas no worries, all its going to require is 1mm removing from the end of each cill, I've dry fitted and no drama to come,, along with seperating the doors so they can be open I've added some missing frame detail on the insides and removed the over sized rivet detail on the cab roof and added the gutter along the sides and  some strips on the top,  hopefully  a little closer to the real cab roof,  then replaced the rivets with archer rivet decals, i dont think it'll look to bad with a lick of paint,  cheers for the comments and criticism 

Glynn

Before

2017-08-16_09-14-23

Rivets removed and Strips added, door frames finished

2017-08-16_09-13-58

Archer rivets added and the door frames

2017-08-16_09-19-11

2017-08-16_09-19-00

Cheers

• Like 9

Love the details on that roof. The rivets look perfect. I've got to pick one of these up at Telford, then I can relive my youth, running between Bunde and Osnabruck, back loading  trucks to base workshops and stopping half way at "Rosies". (Sigh) happy days.

John.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Looking really good. They sure didn't stint the creature comforts for the crew though. :( Not too much different to some of the old girls I cut my driving teeth on 30 years later. :)

Steve.

Cheers steve, no creature comforts at all steve, power steering would probably be top of the list with the heater, 

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Very impressive work Glynn. Very nicely done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix, most kind mate

Glynn

John,  they do sound like fun times,hope rosies was a cafe,  glad you like the rivets just hope the strips don't jump out at you after a coat of paint, but i did sand them down as much as i dared, i know armour is the name of the game here, but one of these would look great as a showmans truck, fair ground decals,  and a scratch built carousel on a trailer 

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Love the details on that roof. The rivets look perfect. I've got to pick one of these up at Telford, then I can relive my youth, running between Bunde and Osnabruck, back loading  trucks to base workshops and stopping half way at "Rosies". (Sigh) happy days.

John.

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 1