Hewy

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Liking this a lot. Poodles privates.

John.

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice building Glynn.

2 hours ago, Steve_farrier said:

Coming along nice :-) 

Was the engine wiring included in the kit? 

Looks great

Steve 

Thanks fellas, no steve the wiring was originally a wire net that surrounded a bottle of red wine, delicious it was too i remember, there is a large pe fret in the box though

Glynn

• Like 1

Fantastic work all round. What a great looking kit. I love that radiator.

I've got nerve damage in my fingers/hands so my manual dexterity suffers, but I look at the wiring on the engine and those bits of scratch brass and I wonder if I'd manage to make them even without my condition. Really, how do you super-detailers make such tiny parts? How do you even hold the wiring and bend it to shape? How do you manage to cut out those tiny bits of brass so neatly?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

That's looking really nice. It's a great kit, isn't it. Shame they cocked up the windscreen frame. I'm building this as well at the moment and, like you, I chopped off the rather heavily moulded steps on the fuel tank and replaced them with something more appropriate. Given the amount of etched parts in the kit, I'm a bit surprised IBG didn't supply the steps separately. Oh well, gives us something to add.

Andy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Badder said:

Fantastic work all round. What a great looking kit. I love that radiator.

I've got nerve damage in my fingers/hands so my manual dexterity suffers, but I look at the wiring on the engine and those bits of scratch brass and I wonder if I'd manage to make them even without my condition. Really, how do you super-detailers make such tiny parts? How do you even hold the wiring and bend it to shape? How do you manage to cut out those tiny bits of brass so neatly?

Rearguards,

Badder

Badder I'm not in the same league as most on this forum , its here, that ive learned the meagre skills i have, and your dioramas are top drawer,i cant do that, thanks for the kind words

8 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

That's looking really nice. It's a great kit, isn't it. Shame they cocked up the windscreen frame. I'm building this as well at the moment and, like you, I chopped off the rather heavily moulded steps on the fuel tank and replaced them with something more appropriate. Given the amount of etched parts in the kit, I'm a bit surprised IBG didn't supply the steps separately. Oh well, gives us something to add.

Andy

Cheers andy, th fit is spot on isnt it , really nicley molded too, I'm mulling over sorting out the windscreen ,i think the best way of going about it if i pluck up the courage is to seperate the frame,resin cast 2 of them and use the exta to  square it up, and extend the sides of the front body work each side a few mm, of course it'll be opening a tin of worms in other areas but I'm going to open the doors anyway, i thinned out the bottom step with files, i agree it was chunky,cant wait to see yours painted up ,I've seen some of your painting and weathering ,its  incredible. Thanks andy

Edited by Hewy
Spelling,
  • Like 1

Just got one of these and the detail is nice and crisp, might wait it out for the thunder models tank transporter one as you have the option of open doors, just hope theirs have the same detail and fit of ibg's

• Like 1

If I can suggest something it would be the plain white paper as the background. At this moment it is bit chaotic. 

Good job, but the engine is the best part of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris B said:

If I can suggest something it would be the plain white paper as the background. At this moment it is bit chaotic. 

Good job, but the engine is the best part of it. 

Taken on board kris,will do 

Glynn

1 hour ago, colin said:

Just got one of these and the detail is nice and crisp, might wait it out for the thunder models tank transporter one as you have the option of open doors, just hope theirs have the same detail and fit of ibg's

I'm always waiting for the next best kit,i am interested in the thunder models transporter ,and with out a doubt I'll get it ,but sometimes I'm like a kid in a sweet shop, I'm going to open the doors on this, should be ok scribing down the panel lines,(famous last words),

Your right though colin ,i can't imagine the thunder one will fit together any better than this it is  almost tamiya like in its fit ,with very nice detail ,but it is 2017,

Thanks gents

Glynn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

I'm going to open the doors on this, should be ok scribing down the panel lines,(famous last words),

One of the other small cockups IBG made with this kit  is that they've moulded the bottom edge of the door on the inside at a lower level to the outside (makes more sense if you're looking at the part). You'll need to remove and replace the framework on the inside of the door after cutting it away from the surrounding side panel.

Andy

• Like 1

The well documented windscreen problem on this model bugged me to be honest,i didn't want to let it , but what an easy fix i came up with ,so simple, obviously I'll have to use acetate for the windows now,  but  it looks much better front on ,heres what i did.

This is how it looks unmodified

2017-07-24_05-43-25

Then i cut the bottom of each side of the frame, and the lower frame at the centre each side leaving the middle upright

2017-07-24_05-44-52

With only the slightest of manipulating at the top corners i was able to get them square without tearing the plastic, and glued a piece of 1mm styrene each side to make up the difference

2017-07-24_05-41-56

When the glue has set i can reset the lower windows and sand and fill the edges,

Thanks

Glynn

• Like 8

Very impressive modelling and detailing - and good fix with the windscreen too! :thumbsup: Very impressive progress on the engine too - great painting!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Little bit on the engine exhaust side now I've been gifted some super pictures

2017-07-25_08-01-58

2017-07-25_08-05-49

2017-07-25_08-19-39

Not glued in just a test fit

Cheers

Glynn

Edited by Hewy
Unfinished
  • Like 14

3 minutes ago, clive_t said:

Nice details! :yes:

Hopefully at least some of the engine be visible in the vehicle?

Fingers crossed clive, a little test fit above

Edited by Hewy

Just now, Hewy said:

Fingers crossed clive, a little test fit above

Ah, you snuck an extra pic in that previous post! Or I was too quick on the draw! :) Looking good

• Like 1

I've filled and sanded the front of the cab, and added a strip of styrene around the bottom of the bonnet, there is a lip on the real one, also it seems the wood effect paints won't be used on this, they're  for textured plastic that has the grain effect, the boards on this are smooth, so I'll attempt to paint them another way,  I've drawn on some grain and I'll thin the paint so its translucent, thats the plan anyway

Cheers

2017-07-26_05-50-42

2017-07-26_05-50-26

2017-07-26_05-50-14

2017-07-26_05-49-36

• Like 5

Fantastic progress Glynn and your painting and weathering on the engine is some of the best I have seen! Very realistic. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 5:20 PM, Sabrejet said:

Saw this release and was also enticed away from the usual aviation subjects. I'll be watching with interest.

That makes two of us, I helped restore a close friends real one in the 1980's got it ready in time for the Finningley airshow along with a GMC 2 1/2 ton truck.

Edited by Radpoe Spitfire
  • Like 1