PBY-6 Catalina Walk Around

tonyot

I found this video on U-Tube made by the owner trying to sell his Catalina and as it is in very good stock condition inside and out I thought that it might be useful to my fellow modellers,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 6

Ditto! Sure hope she goes to a good home and is restored in authentic finish and markings! Thanks for sharing this incredible detailing resource, TOT! (Now, if somebody will just give us proper cowlings, nacelles, and props for the Academy PBY, I can put this to good use!)

Mike

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Ditto! Sure hope she goes to a good home and is restored in authentic finish and markings! Thanks for sharing this incredible detailing resource, TOT! (Now, if somebody will just give us proper cowlings, nacelles, and props for the Academy PBY, I can put this to good use!)

Mike

Keep watching this space. There are plans afoot, although at a very early stage, so no time frame at the moment. Hopefully they will extend to corrected waist blisters as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Keep watching this space. There are plans afoot, although at a very early stage, so no time frame at the moment. Hopefully they will extend to corrected waist blisters as well.

There's a problem with the waist blisters? I'm assuming it's regarding the blisters for the PBY-5's? Am I correct in assuming your plans include corrected nacelles as well as cowlings?

Mike

• Like 1

Yes, nacelles and cowlings.

The blister framing is wrong. Compare the kit parts with the blister shots in Tony's video, in particular the two small windows beneath the main blister - Academy left them out completely. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Yes, nacelles and cowlings.

The blister framing is wrong. Compare the kit parts with the blister shots in Tony's video, in particular the two small windows beneath the main blister - Academy left them out completely. 

AP,

Thanks for the heads-up; will pull one of my kits and check that out. Good to hear what you're planning...so maybe I can put the pair of DB resin P&W R1830 Hudson cowlings I have been hoarding all these years for possible use on a PBY onto some other project? Put me down for at least two sets, sir! Have to also look at my Falcon sets to see if a PBY is included and if so, what the blisters look like.

Mike

• Like 1

OK, will do. A word of warning, though - as I said, it's early days, and there's still a bit of research to do before the masters are on the road. Don't hold your breath, or anything like that!

• Like 1