1/35th Bronco Comet tank,....`Iron Duke IV', 1 RTR, 7 Armd. Div

Hiya Folks,

I`ve had this one on the go for quite a while now and I have finally got around to finishing it of, using Star Decals to finish it as `Iron Duke IV' which was the Comet commanded by Lt. Col. Pat Hobart who was CO of 1 RTR, 7th Armoured Div in 1945.

DSCF0644_NEW

DSCF0631_NEWDSCF0634_NEWDSCF0633_NEWDSCF0638_NEWDSCF0641_NEW

DSCF0643_NEW

I brush painted the model using Humbrol enamel 155 Olive Drab and please don`t look too closely at the figure,....which was from the spares box,....I`m no figure painter! 

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 31

Superb work as ever, Tony. Talking myself in to buying/building one of these aswell. Just bought my first Bronco kit... you'll be seeing that soon, well assuming I can find another easy-to-use photo hosting site !!

Ian.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your kind remarks folks,..... armour isn`t my main subject but I do like it and it is nice to know that I`m doing it OK..... there is such a high bench mark on here and I always have a doubt about whether I should stick my head above the parapet or not!! 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Nice that in every way Tony, the Comet is a good looking tank in every way to my eye, especially given the TonyO't treatment.

I looked at one of these myself but a slippery slope to climb onto so best I be happy with my ex Matchbox one. Then again, having seen yours........ :unsure::)

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks again Fella`s,...glad you like it; 

1 hour ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

A handsome model of a handsome tank mate. I saw your lovely build and started thinking "Hmmm I wonder what one would like like in a "whiff" Caunter desert scheme....."

Is the canvas gun mantlet cover scratched?

Jonners

A Comet would look amazing in a Caunter scheme,..... but maybe a Cromwell would be more `feasible'? Comet`s saw quite a bit of post war service around the world, the South African`s used desert coloured Comets and I love this post war scheme which s similar to those worn by the Centurion`s based in Libya post war. Comets were used as recce tanks for the Centurion regts and it could be cosha,.... although I cannot confirm it,.....maybe a better whiff scheme for a Comet? 

Related image

Image result for comet post war tank

Here is some decent info;

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/gb/a34-cruiser-tank-comet-mark-i

As for the canvas mantle cover,.....it was resin mate,..... it was done by Bronco as an `extra'; 

Image result for bronco comet tank resin mantle

All the best mate,

Tony