10th BM Anniversary GB Chat

Just out of curiosity I tried to think of aircrafts with a 10 in their designation for which I know there are kits around...

A-10 (plenty of kits)

Martin B-10 (used to be a 1/72 kit from William Bros, may still be found somewhere)

KC-10, of course variant of the DC-10 (both made in kit form)

OA-10 Catalina, Air Force designation of the PBY (various kits)

F-10, photo-recon variant of the B-25D (again several kits)

Beech AT-10 (there was a 1/72 vacuform ages ago)

VZ-10, later redesigned XV-4 (Anigrand 1/72)

F-10, previously known as F3D

OV-10 Bronco (a few kits around)

U-10 Super Courier (there's a kit in resin and there was one in vacform

Kawasaki Ki-10 (ICM has a 1/72 kit)

Kyushu K10W trainer (I've seen a resin kit)

Ilyushin Il-10 (KP, Maquette in 1/72, Special Hobby in 1/48)

Sukhoi T-10 (prototype of the Su-27)

Antonov An-10 (Eastern Express 1/144)

Mil Mi-10 (Eastern Express in 1/144, Amodel in 1/72)

Beriev Be.10 (Amodel in 1/144 and 1/72)

Nieuport 10 (HR model)

Ansaldo SVA-10 (Fly in 1/48)

J-10 Chinese fighter (trumpeter)

Z-10 Chinese attack helicopter (Hobbyboss)

Airco DH-10 (Aurora had a 1/48 kit years ago)

Airspeed AS-10, known to most as Oxford (AZ model has a recent kit but there are others)

And of course the Vickers VC.10, that is likely to feature quite prominently here...

I may add the Dornier Do.X, for which kits exist in 1/144 (revell) and 1/72 (Amodel), however the X in this designation has nothing to do with the latin for 10, it's really an X. Dornier later built a Do.10, a prototype for a fighter that never entered production.

I'm sure there are others out there that I didn't think of !

• Like 2

Maybe I found the right subject: Dornier Do-17 Z-10 "Kauz"  Revell 1/72  Item n° 3933
Is it compatible with the GB?

Ettore   :bye:

6 hours ago, Ettore said:
Maybe I found the right subject: Dornier Do-17 Z-10 "Kauz"  Revell 1/72  Item n° 3933
Is it compatible with the GB?

Ettore   :bye:

Do.17Z-10

Sounds ok to me  :yes:

On 12/18/2017 at 07:46, John D.C. Masters said:

I'll be in this one with a very nice Nieuport-10 from HR Models....don't know which livery yet...

-John

Nice one :yes:

Just a month to go until this starts

Just a few days until Santa comes a-calling

I hope you've all set him your letters and have asked for a model kit with a 10 in the name

I’ll be doing my Matchbox Meteor with the Aeroclub conversion as an F.8 of 610 Squadron.

.......unless someone can show me the two ventral camera positions for an PR.10 as my google-fu is somewhat lacking there.

Trevor

EDIT - it will be the PR.10

On 12/28/2017 at 21:40, Enzo Matrix said:

How about a Saturn V?   It will be presented as Apollo 10.

OK - if it can be solidly identified as the Apollo 10 carrier

Only three weeks to go chaps.

Check those pots of paints, order in replacements for those that have dried up. Has that bottle of glue got enough in it? Got enough w&d paper?

Married yesterday, off on honeymoon to Iceland tomorrow but I will stick to my Czech Gripen 10 years service tail art. Try order the decals now to put on the Revell 1/72 so they are here for me getting home. 

• Like 5

Congratulations Valkyrie !

I've dome some more research into suitable subjects... now if aircrafts serving with units numbered 10 are eligible, I've found another one: F10 of the Swedish Air Force ! They operated a good number of aircrafts over the years, like the Re.2000, the Saab J21, the J29 Tunnan, the Draken, the Viggen and the Gripen. Thinking about it I have a Draken of F10 in the stash...

Better known in Britain should be 10th TRW of the USAF, as they were based for a long time on British bases. They operated the RB-26, RF-84F, RB-57, RB-66 and RF-4C.

Later the unit changed mission and used A-10s as 10th TFW. They took part in Desert Storm before deactivation.

One for modellers interested in things down under, 10 Sqn. RAAF operated Sunderland, Lincoln, Neptunes and now Orions in the maritime patrol role

And if anyone wants a more exotic unit, 10 Sqn. of the Indian Air Force operated with Hurricanes during WW2, moving to the Tempest II after independence and later to the Vampire (both FB and night fighters), the indigenous Marut, the MiG-23Bn and now the MiG-27

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi all and congratulations on your wedding Valkyrie

I've been fishing around for ideas and will join in with a Hunter FR10.

Number 2 squadron RAFG 

COLIN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/07/2017 at 7:25 PM, Black Knight said:

Perhaps allowing it to be a 100, 200 etcetera with a 10, eg a Messerschmitt 110/210/410 cos there may not be too many subjects with just a 10/X

Be adventerous; find the number 10 in the kit name

Would I be pushing this too far if I suggested a 100th anniversary 2 Squadron Tornado?

E637CCEB_5056_A318_A8B3EA631A2E35B9.jpg

I could perhaps title the build " "10"0th Anniversary of Shiny II (AC) " ?

Too much?

Edited by RMP2

1 hour ago, RMP2 said:

Would I be pushing this too far if I suggested a 100th anniversary 2 Squadron Tornado?

I could perhaps title the build " "10"0th Anniversary of Shiny II (AC) " ?

Too much?

yes

doesn't work

yes

:P

Oooh, how did I miss this one?  As I've been a member of Britmodeller for most of its existence I really ought to try and participate, may I join?

I have a few 10s in the stash - VC10, Chipmunk T10 and Beaufighter TFX (two of the three are in my logbook) and I have an SA-10 (S-300) on order, does that count?