24 Grandboof

25 825

26 Radleigh

27 Graeme H

28 Bullbasket

29 Valkyrie

30 SimonT

31 Corsairfoxfouruncle

Red indicates those who have started build threads.

I'm in orange cos I'll be putting mine up soon.

New members to the Secret Coven of Dix

These also have started build threads;

Dave_R

PhantomBigStu

theplasticsurgeon

specky

Colin W

Pierpaolo

MarkSH

SleeperService

adamcoffman

Giorgio N

New members yet to make build threads - no pressure, when you're ready;

FortyEighter

Prenton

zebra

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Dermo 245

whiskey

Ettore

Learstang

John_W

bristol boy

JWM

bootneck

John D.C. Masters

Roland Pulfrew

planecrazee

Julien

LostCosmonauts

AdrianMF

bianfuxia

Phantome

Only 3 full days left till we start !!

Sorry to stuff you up B.K. but you need to put me in the original F Troop list. If you check above my avatar you will see that I was

• once known as Trojan Thunder....

27 minutes ago, dadofthree said:

Am I too late to join the party? Gonna copy Trojan Ray with a Tristar if i'm allowed to play 

Never too late DoT, you don't need to have been on the original nomination list for GBs here. Just join the fun when you can.

Which Tristar kit? Airfix, EE, Hasegawa?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I see no problem with that.  :yes:

Welcome to the GB  :welcome:

I reckon I just gotta allow those, after all I'm allowing a Gripen with just '10th Anniversary' markings on it.  A 10 would be better tho

Cool, thanks!

• Like 1

I'm itching to get started on this - will post my build thread when I get back from my holiday on Friday. Mrs Z might want me to unload the car first but will start the thread as soon as that's done!

Its going to be the Amodel Mil Mi-10 Harke. Still need to decide what load it's going to be carrying - looking for something more interesting than a truck - I have a book waiting for me when I get home which I hope will provide some inspiration.

Can't wait to get going on the first build and first GB of the year!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

So we can start our threads but not build yet...?

Hi John

Yes you can.

As long as you don't exceed 25% of the kit you could even start work but this is generally seen as un-gentlemanly. However cutting out vac-form bits, preparing resin parts and so on are OK.

Looking at the list Black knight has put up I see us working in hooded robes by the light of guttering candles :D

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Sorry to stuff you up B.K. but you need to put me in the original F Troop list. If you check above my avatar you will see that I was

• once known as Trojan Thunder....

stop yer messing wif my poor wee brain

I'm still learning about Olive Drab

Thanks for jumping in with answers chaps. Muchly appreciated,  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

hmmm not too much with a 10 in it that would also be somewhere in my stash or mind!

I could possibly join with a Kfir C10.... in 1/48 of course

wanted to do a CE but.....

Question is to base it on AMK or Kinetic??

the conversion is from Wingman models

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

you could even start work but this is generally seen as un-gentlemanly.

No chance of that.  I see my Finnish Buffalo going into next week.  I'll be fashionably late to the party. 

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Yes you can.

As long as you don't exceed 25% of the kit you could even start work but this is generally seen as un-gentlemanly. However cutting out vac-form bits, preparing resin parts and so on are OK.

So i can add greeblies to busy up the cockpit of my bronco ? I want to add wiring and some hoses to the seats ? 

Dennis

Another late joiner please....can I jump in with an Eduard BF110E Profilepack in 1/72.  I also have one in 1/48 and a Meng 410 but realistically the 1/72 is the kit that is calling.  I hope that is ok.

Dave

• Like 2

Any room for a skinny one to slide in at the back?

Mojo has been absolutely pants for most of last year (have been building the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire for what seems like forever, so at least there's an explanation) and fancy a simple(ish) build so am planning on building the Roden Vickers VC10 K3 kit, which I may or may not embellish with the yet to be bought NH Detail etch.  

Never done a hemp scheme, despite having loads of Airfix Nimrods and Revell Victors in the stash, so that's favourite by a short head unless any of you can talk me into the more modern overall grey hues.

Any hints or tips how to weather such a scheme at 1/144 would be more than welcome as I usually work in 1/48 (which is what I wish my Spitfire was - grrrr!).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fatcawthorne said:

unless any of you can talk me into the more modern overall grey hues.

The VC10 looks so much nicer in the grey colour scheme, so did the Mighty Hunter, and camouflaging an aircraft for its time on the ground is plain wrong.  That said, hemp was remarkably good in the air, particular whilst over the desert!!

I'm freaking out a little bit as I had a complete and utter brainstorm this afternoon.  I'll still build an Apollo 10 Saturn V, but my second build may be something totally different to what I originally intended.  I just need to await a knock from the Postie.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, zebra said:

Its going to be the Amodel Mil Mi-10 Harke. Still need to decide what load it's going to be carrying - looking for something more interesting than a truck - I have a book waiting for me when I get home which I hope will provide some inspiration.

I like this load....

mi-10_brandis.jpg

Sign me up please with a 1/72 F4F-4 in VF-10 markings. Once the state finally thaws I'm going out to see if there are any Academy kits available locally. If not, I'll order an Airfix one off off Amazon. Decals are on the way. 

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 5

I can see nothing definitive about the exact time to start so I reckon you can start just after midnight 19th into the 20th according to your local time

So builders in New Zealand can start in about 45 minutes from now and Australia can start when its about 12 mid-day/1pm UK time

US/Canadian builders will start according to their time zones too.

Just rough guides.

• Like 1