10th BM Anniversary GB Chat

I thought this was X - but I've just realized my stash contains a Beaufighter TF.X

Now a 10  - why didn't I think of my A-10 Thunderbolt?

Italeri_A10.jpg

Also an Me-210, and both JSF X-prototypes, but I prefer to think of the Thunderbolt.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
New Photo
  • Like 1

We won through the November voting in 7th place but we're getting the First GB slot of 2018

It starts on January 20th - thats seven weeks away

Just seven weeks, with Christmas and New Year celebies coming in 3 weeks it'll not be long till that GB is upon us

About 10 days before the start I intend to PM everyone who showed an interest to remind them its on

[I need doing it to me for GBs]

So look to your kits

If necessary drop some hints that a certain suitable model would make a nice Christmas present

Pick one up with your Christmas shopping, slip one in amongst the brussel sprouts - no one will look there to spot it

• Like 1

I'll miss the start, but by being early in the year at least I won't forget it completely.

i knew what I plan to enter and my New Years resolution will be to finish a GB, hummm think we've all heard that one before

• Like 1

Hi. I have a general GB question, but depending on the answer I'm interested in joining if there's still space. So, is there a certain skill level that's expected for people joining in on GBs? I haven't built a model in 20 years, but I think joining some GBs will motivate me build my skills back up. 

• Like 1

There is absolutely no pre-determined 'skill' level in any BM GB

From raw beginners to gold medal winners; all have the same space here

Build to the best of your ability; the more you build the faster your skills will return and accumulate

There is always room in a GB; there is no limit to the upper number of modellers joining and building

GBs can help get you back to modelling; in a GB you have to show work in progress, others see it and can offer advice or sympathize with problems

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, adamcoffman said:

So, is there a certain skill level that's expected for people joining in on GBs?

If there is, it must be very low because I've never been shown the door.

seriously, there are some awesome modellers on here and then there's me, but my experience has always been one of welcome, support and encouragement.

hop on board is my advice

• Like 2

Looks like my first build of the year will be the Mi-10 then. Better start thinking about what to put on he platform underneath - it'll look naked without a truck or a bus or something like that slung beneath it!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Black Knight said:

The number 100 is pushing the envelope a bit; your other options are better

I guess that would apply to my Sea Hawk Mk.100 idea as well. I wasn't sure. Plus, it looks like there are at least 3 other GBs that I could join if I really want to build a Sea Hawk anyway. Since I haven't bought a kit yet I'm looking at other options and have a few in mind with a "ten" in the name.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 7:06 AM, Dermo245 said:

Is an X - wing from Star Wars acceptable?

Genuine question and not trying to be a smart a*se!

Dermot

That would work for me too as then I wouldn't have to purchase anything lol!

Godmoring to All

I read all the posts, and I noticed that some 10 of the squadron number to build the kit, an example. 610 ° squadron. But is this allowed? Because so I could do a Messerschmitt 262 of 10./NJG11

Ettore :bye:

On 12/7/2017 at 13:06, Dermo245 said:

Is an X - wing from Star Wars acceptable?

Genuine question and not trying to be a smart a*se!

Dermot

I'd have to say no as the X is a description of the wings form and not used as the latin letter for the number 10

2 hours ago, Ettore said:

Godmoring to All

I read all the posts, and I noticed that some 10 of the squadron number to build the kit, an example. 610 ° squadron. But is this allowed? Because so I could do a Messerschmitt 262 of 10./NJG11

Ettore :bye:

This I say yes to

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would aircraft or tanks or ships that carry 10 as individual number be allowed? Thinking for example of Soviet aircrafts and their bort number, or the Italian rule of indicating aircrafts as x-yy, where x is the unit and yy the individual aircraft number (and I have decals for 4-10...)

what about What ifs? I have looked through this thread and I cannot find a yes or no. I am looking at doing a A-10 NAW that actually went into service with the USAFE being called A-10B.

If they are not allowed I will be building something proper, just thought that I would ask.

Sorry if this has already been asked before.........a '10' in the subject name (e.g. Bf-110...One-Ten) or squadron number (e.g RCAF 410....four-ten) are both ok?

But for example, a Royal Navy Merlin Eh-101 isn't because that's a hundred and one....(and not Ten-one)?

Cheers!
Dermot