If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

On 18/08/2017 at 10:32 AM, Bullbasket said:

I had downloaded a sheet of boxes from the internet, for K rations. Once printed, they were cut out, glued around a suitable sized former, and then added to the open stowage bin. I'm not entirely happy with them as to me they look a bit too modern.

Hello John,

you did a nice job with the finishing details ... regarding the K-rations, they seem very realistic, why do you feel they look too modern ? Remember they were new and fresh at that time, not collection items like today ;)

Cheers, E

Hi Etienne,

Many thanks. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Before I cut them from the sheet, I was happy with them, but once they were in the bin, they looked a bit modern. As I say, it's probably just me.

John.

OK, this is the final update for this WIP, and just involves the crew and the running gear.

The three crew members are from the Miniart set “British Tank Crew, Winter Uniform”, in other words, Pixie Suits. I replaced the heads with suitable ones from Hornet. I tried to repose them to suit their positions. The driver didn't need too much manipulation, but I stuck a pipe in his hand so that he could have a puff on his old shag.

The commander likewise, but I added a mike and cables (the Hornet head already had the earphones moulded on).

f7dee4d3-952b-4749-8417-a8cf10e6ad22.JPG d16d0753-fcc4-4162-bf59-aa7f4ce63211.JPG

Finally, the gunner. The original intention was to have him handing something to the commander, but I never got around to putting something in his hand. Now he just looks as if he's giving a half hearted “What?” gesture.

67e5addd-fa95-452a-97c5-52c336c72639.JPG

Final job before adding the crew, was to fix the road wheels, sprockets and idlers into position along with the tracks. Because I was going to depict this tank on rough ground, I'd made it so that the second and third suspension arm on each side would hang free. Once all the wheels etc were in place, the tracks were carefully manipulated (bearing in mind, the curvature in each track) around the running gear. I sat the tank over a suitably shaped obstacle so as to displace the wheels, and then I glued the four free moving arms into that position.

b783eb01-a647-4b33-8f1d-6616ef32f802.JPG

This was a build that I really enjoyed. I've still got my Centaur to finish one day and a couple more in the stash. For me, you can never have too many Cromwells or Shermans. Next stop, RFI. Thanks for following along with the build.

John.

Nice one John - thank you for sharing the building progress.

Splendid, really nice job

11 hours ago, Hewy said:

Splendid, really nice job

Thanks a lot Glyn.

John.

Nice job John, the addition of figures really brings it to life.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Nice job John, the addition of figures really brings it to life.

I have to agree. Many thanks Ozzy.

John.

The touch that the figures bring is very good, giving life to the machine, as I would like to do something similar ... sigh :rage:, and the suspension "working", I'm very real, I like a lot. :popcorn:

Cheers John :yes:

Really nice work!

18 hours ago, RichO said:

Really nice work!

Thanks Rich. Much appreciated.

John.

Wow John that does look good, really like how all the detail just pops out.

Regards

Richard

Thanks a lot Richard. It's over in RFI now if you want to take a look.

John.