Screaming like a Banshee. 1/48 F2H-2

Kitty Hawk kit, Furball Decals. A long awaited subject for me. I've always had a fondeness for this aircraft. The kit caught the lines very well, and I see no shape issues. However, there was far more flash that there should be for today's, even KH's own standards. Also fit wasn't on par with earlier kits. But all in all, a decent kit that captures the beautiful shape nicely. 

2qsQGLU.jpgLsl3wLn.jpgY9cH6yA.jpg3RZobIU.jpgmAhpIWK.jpgtCBsbaY.jpg2Ay56QO.jpgvuADCPA.jpgQGFlI6F.jpgTZh6ATD.jpg

• Like 31

Superb! - it really captures the essence of a Banshee and I like the weathered finish - I personally don't think Kittyhawk got the bulge over the engines at the wing root right but that does not detract from your masterful build

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spruecutter said:

Very nice - I like the way you have done the wear and tear. What technique did you use?

Regards

RichardC

Same as I always do, except my wash was the ProModeler/Flory wash-Light Dirt. Then I used the Tamiya weathering sets. The chips were done with a tiny foam wedge, then dipped in Tamiya enamel XF-16 aluminium, then carefully dabbed here and there.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

Very nice and one of the few builds I've seen that have the flaps on the folding wing panel rendered correctly (the instructions are incorrect in that regard).

Yes they are. And I found this out almost too late. I had actually already glued them in upside down. Luckily I was able to pull them free before they were totally locked in. 

Very nice build. This kit has come in for a lot of criticism from the "Experts", but its nice to see you pushed on regardless and got her done. Yeah the wing root cross section is a bit exaggerated but i don't think it detracts from the finished model.

-d-

• Like 1

What can I add that hasn't already been said? The very best depiction of glossy sea blue I have seen in a long time! Looks like real metal, not plastic, and your metal chipping/scuffing is extremely realistic! Well done, sir!

Mike

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 10:02 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

Really nice build.

Those early jets have a certain 'something'

Hats why it's a favorite! All the 50s jets though, such classic lines. Panthers/Cougars, Tigers, Thunderjets,etc..

• Like 1