Fast And The Furious Toyota Supra

So with my other projects giving me a headache i thought i would start on something a little closer to my childhood pleasures. I have always been a fan of the japanese cars and the Toyota supra is no exception. 

Fast and furious toyota supra by AMT

This one is the modified supra from the first of the many fast and the furious films. Originally boxed abd made by AMT, im expecting lots of flash and ill fitting parts along with some poorly finished chrome parts and tacky wheels.

For the first stage i built the engine and painted and added detail.

Fast and furious toyota supra by AMTFast and furious toyota supra by AMTFast and furious toyota supra by AMT

Next was to start on the rear suspension and differential.

Which was then painted and futted to the chassis.

A little more detail to be done like picking out the cv boots and diff oil drain bung.

Also the front was made up and painted .

Lots of progress and hopefully more later before i am away for the weekend hoping to get the exhaust painted and fixed and continue with the detailing on the engine.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So more work has been done on the supra and to begin with there has been more work done on the engine and engine bay.

20170723_015415

The engine is beginning to look much busier now which is a positive.

20170723_015423

Still alot to add in terms of wiring looms and pipes.

20170723_015440

I have made a start with the wiring by adding the cables for the map sensor and the mass airflow sensor. These will be painted later.

I have also made a start on the interior using some matt medium blue which is the base colour for the interior.

20170723_021200

Still rough at the moment and will be much neater once the second coat has been applied.

20170723_021206

The current interior is shows its base colour and once details such as the subwoofers and the door cards painted and detailed, it should look much better.

20170723_021944

I have also been playing with the wheels and the rear of the wheels which are solid have been cut out to allow visability of the shock absorbers etc.

I have alao notices that the whole body seems to be sitting higher than the real car.

20170723_022003

I will check and adjust once the wheels are ready to be fitted in place.

20170723_023137

And finally i have began working on making the spoiler look much more realistic. As a basic setup its looking okay but i think it could be improved .

More soon guys hopefully i can get the engine bay near completion and make progress on the interior also.

Thanks for looking in.

• Like 2

Great start, will be tagging on to see how this progresses. The supra is a lovelyJap car. Usually see the F&F R34 built so this makes a welcome change.

Keep up the good work,

Coops

Edited by Cooper645
Spelling issues

Hi everyone. Unfortunately work has been slow on the supra due to wprk and family commitments. But it hasnt stalled. After finding an hour here and there i have manages to make some progress.

More work done on the supra. The seats were built but need filling and sanding. The underside heat shield was painted and the exhaust was also painted and ready for polishing. The roll cage was also painted and waiting for a second coat. And finally the s

The underside has had the heat gaurds painted in around the transmission tunnel and the enxgaust has been painted and awaiting polishing to bring it to a shine.

More work done on the supra. The seats were built but need filling and sanding. The underside heat shield was painted and the exhaust was also painted and ready for polishing. The roll cage was also painted and waiting for a second coat. And finally the s

Progress on the interoir has continued with the dashboard being painted and awaiting decals and detailing. And also the in car entertainment has been worked on as well.

I have also built and painted the roll cage which still requires another coat.

And finally work has begun on the wheels to remove the solid back and to allow the springs to be visible through the wheels.

Hopefully i should have more done soon. I will keep you guys updated as much as possible.

• Like 3