F86k

Hi Folks

This the MustHave F86K based on the Revell/Monogram F86D.

It comes with a completely new fuselage and fits as well as the original was meant too.

It was rumoured at the time Revell/Monogram released this kit that' Kilo' version was to follow but it never saw light of day..

Decals from the kit depict an aircraft from 1 Storms 17th Guppo based at Istrana air base.Painted with various mixes of Xtracolor HSS

Cheers

Ian

NqJTqRP.jpg
kVud3ub.jpg
Mvt4ce4.jpg
xtnsHfC.jpg
XaVfxMJ.jpg

• Like 21

Lovely work Ian, as always. It is a really well fitting kit and if you put a revel Dog fuselage half against the Kilo it is as close as the naked eye can see the same thickness.

The rumour I heard was that the Kilo fuselage was designed by RoG but they then realised that the Luftwaffe never flew Kilos with the 'short' wing' ( though a number were delivered) which would have meant more tooling costs for the extend wing. This was too much for the accountants so they shelved the idea. Someone was selling the test shots on a well know auction site a few years ago. If any of the above is true I don't know, but I'd love to know.

Keep 'em coming young man.

• Like 1

Very nice Ian,....I can see that your trip to the museum in Italy had the desired effect on you mate! Is that my old kit?

Cheers

Tony

Ian,

Beautiful model! You nailed the wing spar area, too. The K has always been my favorite over the D and L...something abut those 20mm cannon, I guess. I can only hope I do half as good on the Special Hobby 1/72 kit. Impressive work.

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Tony

I picked this one up from Dave in Halifax from the second hand pile,I already had bought 2 so I thought go for the hat trick so it may well have been yours.

The Norwegian one is next if I can master the shark mouth properly.

Cheers

Ian

Hello,Ian - Fine work as per usual,My Friend.Great work on the NMF and the Italian Markings make a pleasingly different and colourful result.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

Hello Ian

Very nice F-86, shiny NMF finish and barely seen paint scheme.

Can't wait to see the Norwegian one, good job, congrats.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp