1/48 Meng Messerschmitt Me410A-1

Hi guys, I'm not usually an aircraft builder however I decided to incorporate a diorama into this build and have a go at adding an electric motor to one of the engines, also this is my first attempt at modelling a grass base. I wanted a patchy and worn looking effect where a lot of work seems to have been carried out under the plane and the grass has suffered for it. I hope you like the results.

CITKlv8.jpg
LHQIseM.jpg
jKHJWX8.jpg
1x3Oc7m.jpg
3ve3YTP.jpg
OgT7mEl.jpg
aMqpmVz.jpg
BB0ch5P.jpg
bO4i5wI.jpg
jsmrUS5.jpg
ce7z5BW.jpg
1e3E437.jpg
hr6cl4L.jpg
T8daPE0.jpg
SFaHmQz.jpg

• Like 21

As I said in the Aircraft RFI, this really is superb and deserves to be in the Diorama, so thanks for sharing it here as well!

The photos taken outside are particularly fantastic.. the natural light making everything look very realistic.

That grass is pretty good as well for a first time attempt. I do wonder if you can get away with 'static grass' at that scale? You could get away with a few tufts of the stuff at least. 

I hope you don't mind me mentioning one negative, which I'm SURE you are aware of... and that's the bad mould line across the pilot's helmet and running down his neck and arms? (You could just delete that next to last photo and I wouldn't have noticed!

I'm guessing you had intended to have the canopy closed so you weren't worried about it, then you changed your mind and opened it. I mention this because I can't see any other such oversights, and it seems very inconsistent with the rest of your work.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,i did intend to have the cockpit open,but the Meng kit had no crew,so this guy was robbed from a Tamiya Mossie kit,not the best quality figure,actually the seam isn't that noticeable in reality,the daylight was very low and it was more obvious with the light angle hitting it,guess i should have sanded it back a bit more,camera leaves no hiding place for sloppy finishing LOL !

• 1 month later...