This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Spookytooth

Don`t talk to me about life, again. Update. Success, and I am out. 29/9/17.

Hi folks.

Sorry for not posting anything on my build since late May but life has given me a kick in the nuts.

I had a CT Scan done at the beginning of June of the lower torso.

It was a procedure similar to "Agent Picolax" described elsewhere on this forum (Funnies I think).

Anyhow all come back OK on that part BUT they found an abnormality with my left kidney.

Last week I was told that this was a Cancer.

Luckily the Cancer is confined to my Kidney and nothing else, so hopefully a routine removal of the said Kidney.

But I have a heart condition as well. Fun.

I now have to have an upper torso scan done next Wednesday and then a follow up with the Dr`s on the 3d of August.

Until then I am in very much limbo land.

I cannot concentrate enough to do my build, and with family to deal with as well it leaves me quite frustrated too.

So, I will always be looking in the morning at these wonderful builds going on and the good humour banter that comes with it.

I hope that you understand how I feel at the moment.

Simon.

Nothing like a health scare to concentrate the mind. I was well and truly scanned in January, but thankfully, no damage or problems. Having said that, make sure you and the medics know which kidney they are removing then get someone to write it with a sharpie on your back before you go in for surgery. It's not unknown for them to remove the wrong one.

Simon, I'm really sorry to hear about your health troubles, mate :( My prayers are with you and your family, and I hope our builds can be of some relief to you.

Looking forward to see you back at the bench, and get well soon.

Ciao

I am sorry to hear about your health scare, however, my best friend was diagnosed with cancer of the kidney last year and underwent a successful procedure at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle to remove it.

He has since made a full recovery. 

On a lighter note, the night before they took him down to theatre, he was handed a menu and asked to make his select for the following day's evening meal. Honestly and by sheer coincidence,  one of the options was Steak and Kidney Pie!!

He said to the nurse "I'll have that, at least the bugger'll be fresh".

I wish you the best of luck with your treatment and I've got everything crossed for you. 

Sorry to hear this Simon but I hope it helps you by knowing that we are all rooting for you.

Richard

I clicked on 'Like' first Simon, but then realised it wasn't really the right thing to do.

I'm sorry to hear this. Along with everyone else I wish you all the best of British for a speedy recovery. I hope we loonies here can help you keep your chin up, with our mad gibberings and obsessing over tiny bits of plastic ;).

Sending positive energy all the way from Canberra for a favourable next scan :)

Best regards

TonyT

Sorry to hear this Simon. Don't know what to add . The others above pretty much said it all, some with experience. Don't stay away from BM  though where you can chat to the like minded or building something. Any kind of Art, modelling is art after all and is good for the spirit, therapeutic, so anytime you can manage, have a go. It will make you feel better in yourself when you achieve something and concentrate your mind on building a model that makes you happy .

Good luck Simon

Sorry to hear about your health problems Simon. Hopefully it will all go well and you will be back on your feet again. Life does seem to be one long game of 'dodge the muck storm' at times.

All the best,

Marty

Sorry to hear about your troubles Simon and my best wishes are with you and yours.

Take it easy and try not to worry - you're in good hands :) 

All the best Spooky, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Chris

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I wish you all the best mate.

Cheers Gregor

Sorry hear about that Simon, it certainly puts my own problems into perspective.

Try to keep positive – I'm convinced it helps. Tuning in to BM every day to join in with the general oddness with your mates, should help in that respect.

Gorby

Thanks for all your replies people.

At the moment it is the not knowing bit, I have the scan next week and the wait until I see the Doctor`s in August.

But at least I am not bed bound in hospital I suppose.

Will post when I know more (or less) 

Simon.

Best of luck with your ills.

They may want to sort the heart problem first.

That stuff is routine nowadays. I should know!

I hope it's sorted soonest for you.

Oh man, that sux.

I wish ya luck mate.

You still have models to build!

I understand where you're coming from Simon as I'm in a similar boat at the moment, to a lesser degree. It's the not knowing and having to wait weeks for an appointment that really gets you down. Chin up, and I hope it all goes well for you.

John.

55 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I understand where you're coming from Simon as I'm in a similar boat at the moment, to a lesser degree. It's the not knowing and having to wait weeks for an appointment that really gets you down. Chin up, and I hope it all goes well for you.

John.

You are right there John, it is a total "find muck" but there is always someone worse off than us .

You keep your chin up to mate.

Simon.

Take care of yourself Simon, must be a difficult time, would certainly send my head into a spin

Posted (edited)

Ah sugar (in this situation I'm sure you know what word I subbed for sugar) Simon really sorry to hear this. I'm sure that you will be sorted out in no time. As you said the removal should sort it out and without trying to sound insensitive I wouldn't put extra worry on yourself with the other scan as at this point it's all a little like Schrödinger's cat (not a great analogy i know with the whole is the cat alive or not but you get my point) so until the news comes through telling you one thing or another there's really no way of knowing if you should be worried or not. 

But like others have said even though your appetite for models isn't at it's greatest right now don't be a stranger as sometimes it's easier to offload ones problems or worries to people they don't know personally than to family they see every day. 

Shaun 

Edited by shood23

Very sorry to read this Simon, hope all goes for the best and your condition is cured.

OK folks, an update.

A good one too from my point of view.

Firstly, the second scan picked up nothing else, so result 1.

Secondly, the Senior Radiographer thinks that it is NOT a caner tumour.

This now means that I have to attend for a biopsy then see the Dr`s.

If it comes back safe, then the next plan will be to scan us in 6 months time to see if there is any changes to the tumour.

This also means that hopefully my heart will be stronger if invasive action is required.

Thank you all the support, it has meant a lot.

Simon and Rose.

That definitely sounds like good news!!

Keep it up, Simon, we'll keep on rooting for you.

Take my bestest to Lady Rose, as always

Ciao

That's fantastic news Simon :thumbsup:!

Those radiographers are good, incredibly skilled at interpreting what they see.

I went through something a little similar last year with the liver. The biopsy was a lot less of a 'thing' than I thought; all over very quickly.

This news has really cheered me up, Great stuff :D!!

Best regards

TonyT

Cheers TonyT, it is a great weight off my mind now.

But we never know though, so still caution ahead for now.

Simon.