Revell Boeing 727-100 Lufthansa and First Air Canada 1/144

Some of my recent builds are 2 Revell Boeing 727-100s.

This kit was re-released earlier in 2016 with Germania decals,which is on my workbench at the moment among other projects.

Its a very nice kit given its age and quite accurate compared to the Airfix kit.

The build is pretty straight without any bigger issues.It needs a fair amount of filler though,esp.the windows.

The cockpit windows are "holes",while the cabin windows are engraved only.So its unavoidable to fill them and use decals,otherwise one needs to drill out all windows if clear ones are desired.

My 2 kits are early Revell and Revell/Lodela releases,both came with Lufthansa decals.

For the Lufthansa 727,I chose the best decal set from the box and some spare decals from an Airfix 727,such as the doors and the tail logo.

The cockpit window and other details come from a 727 detail set.

For the First Air 727 I bought the decal set from V1.Its the old livery of that airline which I find quite attractive.

The decals are of top quality and fit on the model very well.Once applied,they look like printed on.The carrierfilm is completely invisible.

Both Boeings were painted entirely by airbrush using Revell and Testors enamels.

Revell's Boeing 727 is a very good kit for its age and its nice that its available again.

Currently I have 3 Airfix Boeing 727-200s ,2 Airfix 727-100s and the re-release Revell 727-100 on the assembly line.The Revell one will probably be done sooner as the Airfix kits need more correction work.

Cheers,

20170710_175912.jpg

20170710_175936.jpg

20170710_175948.jpg

20170710_180001.jpg

20170710_180012.jpg

727_100_1.jpg

727_100_2.jpg

20170710_175811.jpg

20170710_175820.jpg

20170710_175843.jpg

20170710_175854.jpg

And a group shot...

20170710_180036.jpg

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 31

41 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Alex,

Two more beautiful finishes, love that classic Lufthansa!

What's next off the production line?

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian.

Next up are,apart from the 727 bunch,a Revell Boeing 707  Northwest Orient (Decals come from the Minicraft kit as the Revell United decals disintergrated) and the Eastern Express (Mikro MIR) MD-11 in KLM colours. This will be the MD-11 who made the last flights in 2014.

Cheers,

Alex

2 minutes ago, zebra said:

Very nice Alex. Which liveries will the other 727s be in?

Thank you very much.

The other 727s will be;Boeing 727-200:Aerolineas Argentinas,Iberia and Alitalia

Boeing 727-100; Delta Airlines Widget,TWA twin globe and Germania

Great job.. I remember Lufty's 'BIB in the earlier scheme and then in this one around 68 or 69. I've never even seen a photo of a First Air Canada before this. makes a nice change !

Well done, thanks for showing !

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

Another two beauties Alex.  The Lufthansa scheme really suits the 727.  Thanks for sharing.

The Revell kit may be old but it still does the business.  If and when I get round to it, the one in my "waiting to start" pile will be finished in Hapag Lloyd colours.

What do you think of the Micro-Mir MD-11?  I've recently started one as a long-term project and I find it a bit strange.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Another two beauties Alex.  The Lufthansa scheme really suits the 727.  Thanks for sharing.

The Revell kit may be old but it still does the business.  If and when I get round to it, the one in my "waiting to start" pile will be finished in Hapag Lloyd colours.

What do you think of the Micro-Mir MD-11?  I've recently started one as a long-term project and I find it a bit strange.

Thank you.

I also had a Hapag Lloyd 727 in mind to build but i couldnt find any decals for that type.

I dont know how to describe the MD-11 kit.

Its actually a very nice and accurate kit but on the other hand quite troublesome to get together.

For being a CAD kit the fit is rather poor.

I  had almost no part that didnt need filler.Some of the issues are probsbly created by me but its still a bit a disappointing kit esp.when considering the awfully high price.

I think buying Kurts kit is probably the better option and the price isnt much higher too

• Like 1

It's been years since I built a Revell 727 and I hardly remember what it was like. Those are very nice Alex, so maybe I'll have to get a couple!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Beautiful finishes on both of those Alex, and by the sounds of things, Boeing have re-opened their 727 production line in Switzerland !

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Eagerly anticipating the finished articles in RFI.

Best Regards

mike

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mitchem said:

Beautiful finishes on both of those Alex, and by the sounds of things, Boeing have re-opened their 727 production line in Switzerland !

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Eagerly anticipating the finished articles in RFI.

Best Regards

mike

Thank you Mike.

Yes,production is re-opened again as I have a bigger number of 727 kits in my stash :winkgrin:. The Airfix kits will probably take a bit longer as I am trying to correct some errors on the kits.

On 7/11/2017 at 6:42 AM, Alex1978 said:

The other 727s will be;Boeing 727-200:Aerolineas Argentinas,Iberia and Alitalia

Boeing 727-100; Delta Airlines Widget,TWA twin globe and Germania

Looking forward to seeing these!

a nice pair of "Three-Holers".

I too prefer the Revell 727s aside from the biggish nosewheels.

Might i suggest instead of a 707, you try out the Roden 720B in Northwest markings? its a very nice model.

-d-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David H said:

a nice pair of "Three-Holers".

I too prefer the Revell 727s aside from the biggish nosewheels.

Might i suggest instead of a 707, you try out the Roden 720B in Northwest markings? its a very nice model.

-d-

Thank you very much.

I have 2 Roden 720Bs but the Northwest markings are already on the Revell 707.I wanted to finish it and I had no other decals left and I also didn't want to bother to buy aftermarket decals on a short notice,so I decided to take the Northwest markings from my Minicraft 707 and refit them.The Minicraft kit will be built in Laker Airways livery so the kits decals were available.

2 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Sadly, the pictures are either only partially loading for me - or not loading at all.

Yes, it's like going back to the days of dial-up!

Your models brought back some very fond memories, Alex! Very neat work.

• Like 1