Nostalgic USS Arizona (around 1/350)

solowing666

Dear folks,

I am looking for information about a model kit of USS Arizona, for nostalgic purposes.

It started in summer 1994, when I was 7 years old, I was having a trip to Pearl Harbor Memorial in Hawaii, and my dad bought me a USS Arizona kit there.

As a kid I was just happy cutting (or plucking) the parts out of sprues and gluing carelessly, without painting and others.

Several years later (still a grade schooler, I think) and I remembered brushing its bottom and deck with paints of questionable origin). I even tried playing with it in my fish pond.

Time passes (~20 years or almost) and now the kit is lost with time. Now after I revisit this hobby again I kinda feel nostalgic.

My question is what was the make of the kit? How much is that kit right now? What scale was it? (it was definitely larger than 1/700, maybe 1/350) Is it available around here in (southeast) Asia?

I tried looking around at scalemates but I didn't think it was Tom's/Banner Models/Hobby Boss because it was a full-plastic kit (not multimedia) and released in 90's or older.

Finally, if I wanted to build the model should I just move on to other newer and better kits?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Revell kit may have been released in the US under Monogram, and the instructions show that the hull splits down the centre line left and right.

Can't see any other kits fitting the time line for you. Could be a cheap fun kit to build, with the added nostalgic touch to it?

Geoff

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 6:03 AM, Bugle07 said:

The Revell kit may have been released in the US under Monogram, and the instructions show that the hull splits down the centre line left and right.

Can't see any other kits fitting the time line for you. Could be a cheap fun kit to build, with the added nostalgic touch to it?

Geoff

Maybe next time I come by... Right now I'm not specifically looking for it all around the world, whether online or offline.

On 7/19/2017 at 6:17 AM, TrojanThunder said:

Most likely the Revell kit, which I saw at the Memorial gift shops back in March this year.

b6s2ygcwkkgrhqqokpgeyjcys1bmyttk0fbg-1_4

Did you mean... you saw it, then buy it, Mr. Ray?

I saw the kit in few of the Museum gift shops, including the main visitor's centre gift shop, the submarine museum gift shop at Pearl and the Fort DeRussy gift shop in Waikiki as well.

I did not buy any kits on the trip. I already have the Missouri to build.

Here is a link to the kit in the online gift shop.

Hope this helps

• Like 1