Ventura references?

Heraldcoupe

I'm working on an building an RAF Ventura Mk1, specifically the aircraft featured prominently in this video:

Using the Revell 1/48 kit, or speciifically bits of the Mk2 and PV1 boxings, I've added only belts and a rudimentary radio compartment aft of the cockpit.

The nose compartment looks a little empty though, but I've struggled to find helpful images online - there may be some out there in the now useless Photobucket accounts, but I digress...

I've found a few books on the subject, but can anyone tell me which ones are likely to be helpful in this area?

Cheers,

Bill.

• Like 1

The Canadian IPMS magazine Random Thoughts has had a number of good articles on the Ventura.  Volume 35-2, 35-3, 35-4 and 36-1 had a build article on the Revell 1/48 kit.  You might check and see if anyone in your group get's RT and might have these issues.  Sadly, IPMS Canada is no longer maintaining a back issue service.

Hi Bill,

If you can find it at a reasonable price: Naval Fighters No 86, PV-1 Ventura and PV-2 Harpoon by Steve Ginter has got some some drawings and photo`s of what your looking for in the back section.

If you can`t find one PM me and see if we can sort something out.

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:37 AM, russ c said:

Hi Bill,

If you can find it at a reasonable price: Naval Fighters No 86, PV-1 Ventura and PV-2 Harpoon by Steve Ginter has got some some drawings and photo`s of what your looking for in the back section.

If you can`t find one PM me and see if we can sort something out.

Cheers Russ

There is also Squadron Signal In Action publication number 48, Lockheed PV-1 Ventura In Action, which can be found on auction sites and booksellers at very reasonable process; has some fairly good cockpit and detail photos- I have it and the Ginter book, and the Ginter book  is the very best modeling reference, but not cheap- you gets what you pays for, though, as they say! You also might try searching for Ventura walkarounds and restorations for interior photos.

I found these sites which I have posted links to below- hopefully they will help get you started.

http://rnzaf.hobbyvista.com/venwalk.html

http://legendsintheirowntime.com/LiTOT/PV1/PV1_index.html

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/tags/lockheedventura/interesting/

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
added links to reference websites

Our very own Tony O' Toole (Tonytot) had a couple of articles on RAF Middle East Venturas published in a modelling mag not that very long ago.

No doubt he'll be along soon.......

Trevor

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

You also might try searching for Ventura walkarounds and restorations for interior photos.

I have scoured the internet and found some resources, many of which have disappeared as quickly as you can say Photobucket...

To be honest though, I'd found very little relating to the nose compartment even before the links started disappearing,

Cheers,

Bill.

Here is a pic from one of my 1/48th scale Ventura builds showing the adaptations made to the cockpit and the scratch built wireless ops compartment if it helps;

Image result for lockheed ventura nose

here is my 1/72nd 2 Group Ventura interior;

Related image

Cheers

Tony

• Like 3