Greets From The Yankee Side Of The Pond

Chip B.

Thank you for the admission to this site!  I am a returning builder after 35 years or so of family raising.  

I tend to focus on WWII fighters and AFV's.  Perpetually horrified by graduates with practically nil knowledge of the conflict and the generation of participants, I hope to generate interest through my projects.  I've just finished a Revell 1:48 P-40, and once I figure how to import a

pic I would like to submit one or two!  Kits I can mostly manage, computer stuff not so much.

Amazing to find so many in my boat!  I'm gobsmacked by the advances in our hobby!

Anyway, I truly look forward to learning from you, and giving back whatever I am able!

• Like 2

Welcome from this side of the pond!

I look forward to seeing your builds and contributions here^_^

First tip from a fellow plastic whittler is don't use Photobucket to host your pix. They won't work :unamused:

Basically, you can't embed photos here, only links to a photo hosting site.

Trevor

Welcome back to the hobby Chip, and welcome to BM!

I had a 36 year break and I was astounded how different modelling was compared to when I was a kid, it's like learning from scratch again.

As to posting photos on the site, @Bullbasket has done an excellent guide to using Village photos. It looks complicated at first, but if you go through step by step, you'll realise that it's quite easy really. 

Gorby

Well rats. My P-40 is on display at Willis Hobbies, and my only photos are on my phone. As one who is 'digitally challenged', I took a picture on this iPad of a photo on my iPhone (I heard all the derisive snickering, and don't blame you), but the pic is too big to upload. I can't figure out how to shrink the thing so it may be uploaded to BM.  

If if there is an email where I may send a pic or three, I would love to do so!

Cheers

Chip

Hi Chip and welcome. It's good to have yet another former colonist on board:D.

I'm not very computer savvy, but I'll try and help you with your photos. The way I do it is to upload them to my computer and then once they're there, open them with Paint (assuming that you have that program). Other programs should have similar features. If you have got Paint, once you've opened it, at the top towards the left hand side, you see Resize. Click on that and you'll get a drop down box giving you the options of how much you want to reduce the size. As Gorby has said, if you look in FAQ's, I've covered it all in the Idiot's Guide. Good luck.

John.

G'day John!

Truly regrettable that I have to return to work today,  but later on this afternoon I will continue to play with this. I believe I will be transferring my efforts to my PC. One way or another, we'll get this done. 

Only 5 years of work before I will be able to devote my time as I would have it.  As a recently retired friend has stated, "Every night is Friday, and every day is Saturday."   Translation: I get to work on my building as much as I please.  Heaven!

Thanks John, I'll give it a go and if you see my P-40, I'll have met with success!

Best to All!

Cheers

Chip

:welcome: aboard Chip.  I'm not an iDevice user myself, so I'll not be much use, but once you get your pic to your PC, you'll be able to adjust the size and get it uploaded to your new Village Photos account. :)

Thank you, Mates.  

Eric, it looks as though I've got a distinct direction for this evening's entertainment!  Much appreciated,that, and magnitudes better than food shopping with She Who Must Be Obeyed (though truthfully, it is a close call - but keep that under your hat.  If it gets out I'll not hear the end of it...).

Good Building, Gents!

Cheers

Chip

2 hours ago, Chip B. said:

Only 5 years of work before I will be able to devote my time as I would have it.  As a recently retired friend has stated, "Every night is Friday, and every day is Saturday."   Translation: I get to work on my building as much as I please.  Heaven!

Oh, don't you believe it. I've been retired for around 14 years now and every day I think to myself, "How did I ever find the time to go to work?" There's always something that needs attending to. But every now and then, I think, To hell with it. I'm going up to my room to cut plastic.

John.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chip B. said:

Well rats. My P-40 is on display at Willis Hobbies, and my only photos are on my phone. As one who is 'digitally challenged', I took a picture on this iPad of a photo on my iPhone (I heard all the derisive snickering, and don't blame you), but the pic is too big to upload. I can't figure out how to shrink the thing so it may be uploaded to BM.  

join Facebook. Get the app on your phone and Ipad. Upload from your phone directly to your "messenger" on FB. Retrieve it on your ipad via the FB app. Shrink it by simply taking a "screen copy"  (press on/off button and the large button at the same time). Goes straight to your 'photos'. There are probably even simpler ways