1/72 Potez XXV from Azur-Frrom

John Thompson

Considering how badly this was craved a few months ago, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it (or did they, and I slept through all the fanfare?); go here for CAD images:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php?showtopic=9346&st=0&#last

Now someone for sure will release a Breguet XIX, and then finally, finally! A new, accurate, well-detailed Yak-9 in all VK-105-powered versions!!!

John

• Like 3

Thanks John. 

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr0037-2

Azur-Frrom will release at least two boxes of this plane (A2/B2 version). We will start with (expected release date : Christmas 2017 / more probably beginning of 2018) by : 
- one box with Lorraine engine, with probably decals for France / Rumania / Poland
- one box with Hispano-Suiza engine, with probably decals for Greece / Rumania / TBD
Special Hobby will soon communicate on his boxes (probably TOE Lorraine and G&R Jupiter with decals for Yugoslavia / Croatia / Switzerland / Estonia).
We will enter soon into more details, the most important point was to have started the project - as you may see the 3D views below, we should get very detailed kits of this historically important plane which was used by many countries.

3D views :

user posted image  user posted image

user posted image  user posted image

user posted image 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

Great news! This must be because I've just started work on two Hit-Kit Potez XXV and one scratch conversion of Broplan XXV to Potez 29 ;)

It always happend to me - when I am just starting to work on some demanding and challanging model a new nice kit of it appears....

Anyway - this is the high time for a modern kit of XXV. Still I will buy one, anyway. There are so many versions of XXV...

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 2

YES YES AND YES !  Thank you so much Azur-Frrom and Special Hobby you have answered my prayers, a much wanted and long overdue kit, well done.  I can see myself buying ALL of the boxing's for this one.  I am so happy.  PLEASE can you produce a Breguet 19 in 1/72 too, so many decal options to choose from.  Good times for us modellers I think.  Best regards Colin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Great news! This must be because I've just started work on two Hit-Kit Potez XXV and one scratch conversion of Broplan XXV to Potez 29 ;)

It always happend to me - when I am just starting to work on some demanding and challanging model a new nice kit of it appears....

Anyway - this is the high time for a modern kit of XXV. Still I will bought one, anyway. There are so many versions of XXV

Cheers

J-W

Don't give up on this one J-W, would like to see this one completed, then buy the new kit from Azur-Frrom.

• Like 1

This makes me very happy!

Thanks John, I had no idea!

:partytime:

:yahoo::yahoo:

It is definitely because J-W grabbed the bull(s) by the horns and began two WIP!

Now I'm going to be really, really spoilt and write to Special Hobby asking for a Salmson engined variant :D.

Now I have something to live for for another year :rofl:!!

Around six of these 'might' do. For starters.

I'm a weirdo, these to me are what Spitfires are to others. :mental: 

Best modelling news in a long time.

:penguin::penguin::clap:

Best regards

TonyT

PS: Breguet 19 next please.:pray::pray: .

• Like 4

On 9.7.2017 at 5:53 AM, John Thompson said:

... finally, finally! A new, accurate, well-detailed Yak-9 in all VK-105-powered versions!!!

What! ?

Where?

When?

I'm already queing up ...

5 boxes please!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

What! ?

Where?

When?

I'm already queing up ...

5 boxes please!

Well, you'll have to stand behind me, of course, but thank you for your enthusiasm - you'll get your five boxes after I've got mine. The trouble is, I don't quite know where the lineup starts, yet...

Meanwhile, I'm forced into trying to modify the Valom Yak-9 (Early) kit into something resembling a Yak-9T, but it's a lot of work!

John

30 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

Well, you'll have to stand behind me, of course, but thank you for your enthusiasm - you'll get your five boxes after I've got mine. The trouble is, I don't quite know where the lineup starts, yet...

Meanwhile, I'm forced into trying to modify the Valom Yak-9 (Early) kit into something resembling a Yak-9T, but it's a lot of work!

John

Thanks John, I'll fall in line behind you, but will be REALLY ANGRY if you buy all available boxings and I have to leave empty-handed!

By the way, good luck with your Valom conversion.

I did this kit (in the original version) earlier this year, but can't show pictures right now due to Photobucket misery.

One thing to watch out with this kit: The spinner is somewhat undersized!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

One thing to watch out with this kit: The spinner is somewhat undersized!

Thanks for the warning, Roman - I'm thinking that I might substitute the Raresin (Prop & Jet) resin Yak-3 prop and spinner, since the Valom prop looks kind of scrawny, too.

Right - what were we talking about? Ah yes - the Potez XXV! Wonderful aircraft - I'm simply ecstatic for all those people who've been waiting ages and ages for a kit of this one!!! :frantic:

John

Come on Gents were is your sense of adventure ?  I will be buying 8 kits of this important aircraft to me.

And I hope to be first in the queue for them.

All we need now (And I hope for) a new injection molded kit of a 1/72 Breguet 19 from these guys, multiple variants and decal options too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Homebee said:

Also in progress are the Special Hobby Potez 25TOE 3D renders - ref. SH?????

Source: http://www.specialhobby.net/2017/07/potez-25toe-172-obrazky-ze-3d-modelace.html

TOE%2B01.jpg TOE%2B02.jpg

TOE%2B03.jpg TOE%2B04.jpg

TOE%2B05.jpg TOE%2B06.jpg

TOE%2B07.jpg

V.P.

YES, YES AND YES Please and any idea when it will be available,  sorry for my enthusiasm but, this is much wanted aircraft for me, regards Colin.

3 hours ago, Botan said:

They also say that they works on more variants too.

YES, YES and YES !  Thank you for the news Botan.  I am sooooo happy about this and apologies for my enthusiasm, regards Colin.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

FR0037 et FR0038, Potez 25 A2/B2, we are aiming to release the kits at Telford (November 2018).. We will later study the possibility of having also a Potez 29. 3D print of half fuselages  (common TOE and A2/B2), engines, specific bottom of fuselages for A2/B2 and TOE are ready (preparation of molds).

FR0037_I0015p.jpg

FR0037_I0016p.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 4 months later...

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

FR0037 and FR0038, Potez 25 A2/B2, we wished to release the kits at Telford (November 2018). We are behind schedule, but we should be able to bring the first test shots. We will later study the possibility of having also a Potez 29. 3D print of half fuselages  (common TOE and A2/B2), engines, specific bottom of fuselages for A2/B2 and TOE are ready (preparation of molds). Last update : 22 th of October, 2018.

V.P.

• 2 months later...