searching for pix foliage green aussie Sunderlands in WWII

Davide Calzolari

hi,

i ve only B&W pix of them, does exixt a decent color pic fo folaige green aussie sunderland in WWII or near era?

any help appreciated (feel free to post even pix in B&W if u think is however interesting, i. e. plane with lot of weathering or similar )

Edited by Davide Calzolari

9 hours ago, italian intruder said:

hi,

i ve only B&W pix of them, does exixt a decent color pic fo folaige green aussie sunderland in WWII or near period?

any help appreciated (fell free to post even pix in B&W if u think is however interesting, ki. e. plane with lot of weathering or similar )

This link from Aussie Modeller may be of help (though Photo Bucket has dealt to the photos ;))

Foliage Green Sunderland

Two of the posters in this link, Sydhuey and Peter Malone  frequently post on BritModeller

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

There do not appear to be any colour pictures of these aircraft although there are plenty of b/w ones.

If you are asking about the thread quoted above with its colourised picture, although Photobucket has rendered it partially useless the main point is still valid - that they were in fact repainted in overall Foliage Green but did not look like that picture with its White undersurfaces.

It is possible to view the photos in the Aussiemodels thread. Right click on the PB evil icon & click view image, this should bring you into the PB website & still show the evil image. Then do Ctrl + F5 which will refresh the PB page & should, it has for me, reveal the photos. I right clicked & saved them & was then able to refer to them as I read the thread. I found it interesting comparing them to the Kiwi ones which from memory came out at about the same time. Alan will know. :) Ours stayed in TSS till later in/after the war when they reverted to natural metal, I think.

Steve

• Like 2

Follow the instructions in the posts above (look at the AMI thread and use Steve's instructions for Botophucket) and you will get the pictures.

They were moderately weathered as you would expect but not excessively so. If you read this

http://www.adf-serials.com.au/2a26.htm

you will see they did not have long careers as transports.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, italian intruder said:

guys,please some pic (B&w as seen that ones in color seems not exixt)especially in the worst weathering condition?

thnx so much inadvance :) 

If you are looking for weathering akin to that found on Sunderland's flying the North Atlantic (Bay of Biscay et el) including RAAF 10 Squadron, you may well be disappointed.

You need to also bear in mind that the weather and operational conditions in the SW Pacific, differed from Europe.

Click on the link below:

The slide show  1st & 2nd photos and last are at Rose Bay, Australia - note the lack of any great amounts of weathering except for usual waterline gunge, tender scrapes near forward hatch, some paint fading etc etc.

RAAF Sunderland Mk III - Rose Bay

A26-1 circa 1944

Hope that helps?

Regards

Alan

Edited by LDSModeller
  • Like 1