He-70 K Revell 1:72 ( no ICM) Matchbox 1988

The He-70K, often referred to as the He-170, was a fast reconnaissance airplane variant equipped with a license-made (originally French) Gnome Rhone 1000bhp radial engine was used by the Royal Hungarian Air Force in early WWII during 1941-42. The main weakness of the He 170 design soon became obvious. The He 170 airframe was made out of so-called "electron metal", a very light, yet strong alloy of magnesium, which burns spontaneously in air when heated, and is only exhausted when covered in sand. A single hit from a light machine gun usually set the entire plane ablaze, killing the crew.

Model

Matchbox 1988

Plus aluminum sheet, metal tubes and a lot of patience, I will look at the construction photos.

8319005823.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg9.jpg

• Like 54

I like your He-70 very much. You've done a cracking little job on the build, but your choice of colour scheme and the finish is superb.

All in all, a lovely result from an old kit.

Well done.

• Like 1

Really excellent build and conversion! The camouflage is interesting as well, although to my eyes, the pre/post shading looks more like oversprayed additional cammo than any representation of real-life weathering.

Superb job with that venerable old kit!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 3

I have to agree with Spitfire31 about the "weathering" and heavy outlines to moving surfaces: I think it is too heavy for a small but beautifully built model like this with such a light camouflage scheme.

• Like 1

Amazing what you have achieved with this old kit.  A real beauty and a very attractive scheme.  Interesting background story too.  Maybe this aircraft should have been called the Ronson!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Very nice build! 👏

My kit came with different markings for the HuAF version, the chevron in the national colours. IIRC, this was the national marking in the early part of the war and was reverted to after the surrender.