USMC Sniper team, Vietnam 1/35

Brilliant. Those paper plants are really effective.

I was worried that the figures would be too exposed, but I was glad to hear that they'd get some cover. Of course, there's a danger that they'd get too much cover and it would become a 'spot the sniper' exercise. But then maybe that would be a good idea for a diorama?

Rearguards

Badder

9 hours ago, Badder said:

Brilliant. Those paper plants are really effective.

I was worried that the figures would be too exposed, but I was glad to hear that they'd get some cover. Of course, there's a danger that they'd get too much cover and it would become a 'spot the sniper' exercise. But then maybe that would be a good idea for a diorama?

Rearguards

Badder

Thanks!

Ferns are photo etch and are more easier to work with than the paper ones.  There will be more vegetation like tall grass etc., but not too much ;) 

Venelin

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is looking brilliant. They're both hidden much better now although the sniper is still fairly visible due to his skin colour. Would you consider camouflaging his face with 'camo cream'? I realise it might be a bit late to do it now, but it would add another layer of realism to a fantastic dio.

19 minutes ago, Timmas said:

This is looking brilliant. They're both hidden much better now although the sniper is still fairly visible due to his skin colour. Would you consider camouflaging his face with 'camo cream'? I realise it might be a bit late to do it now, but it would add another layer of realism to a fantastic dio.

Yes, I noticed that, and several people pointed it too. I wanted to show the facial detail initially, but maybe I will add some camo to the face, it'not too late :) 

Edited by Venelin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Venelin said:

Yes, I noticed that, and several people pointed it. I wanted to show the facial detail initially, but maybe I will add some camo to the face, it'not too late :) 

Just found this, beautiful work. I agree as well about face camouflage - not much, just some swipes on each check maybe. 

Venelin, I congratulate you on your choice of materials, the PE has been extremely effective, way better than I thought possible for metal plants! And of course, I am in awe of your painting skills. The face/hand camo is the icing on the cake, so well done on reacting to the suggestions to do it.

A truly superb diorama, right up there with the very best

Rearguards,

Badder

A really excellent diorama, displaying great building and painting skills (I would love to be HALF as good as this!). The vegetation and the edge of the paddy-field work very well indeed.

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

Thank you, glad you like it!

PE vegetation is very good, because you can bend it however you like, without damaging (if you not apply much force, of course). Although I really like JS work's tall grass, it's very effective and well painted.

Cheers!