USMC Sniper team, Vietnam 1/35

Just received the Voyager PE set for rifle straps and buckles, it looks very nice. You have three frets with enough slings for several figures, also bayonets and different buckles. What I like most are the helmet straps, two per fret, which means 6 overall. Straps are textured, but if you want smooth ones, they can easily be made from foil and use the buckles from the set :)

100_8310.jpg

100_8311.jpg

100_8312.jpg

Edited by Venelin
  • Like 4

Nice little PE kits you've found there.

And when I say 'little' I mean little! Give me those helmet straps and I will lose them for you in 3 seconds flat! I'd need about 10 sets to maybe get one helmet done! I only wish I didn't suffer from progressive nerve damage in my hands/fingers, then I might stand a chance!
So, I will be watching to see how you cope. No doubt you'll do a good job.

Rearguards,

Badder

:wow::wow::wow:

There's no way on earth I could EVER make such tiny objects. How you even managed to pick up those buckles and then thread the foil through them is completely beyond me.

:idea:Unless you have one of those enlarging/shrinking machines, enlarged them ten times actual size, fixed everything together, then shrank them back down again.

Rearguards,

Badder

Absolutely brilliantly skillful work. You've made those straps look just like webbing. The one on the rifle is terrific and the smaller one on the helmet is superb too. This is a real masterclass in miniature figure painting and diorama work.

:yes:

• Like 1

Congratulations Venelin!

You've shown extreme skill in all aspects of our hobby from the very beginning! Finding this superb pair of figures was the first step, the construction and painting a masterclass, and the layout and execution of the diorama and all its components a work of art.

I can honestly say I've never seen a two-figure diorama of such high quality. I can think of nothing that would improve this diorama in any way, other than to turn the temperature up to 40 degrees centigrade and have a 'insect chorus' soundtrack blasting out of the speakers!

I bow to your mastery and know in my heart that I will NEVER be able to match those helmet and rifle straps, let alone the face-painting!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

I'm new to this site so this is the first time I have seen your build,nothing I can say that has not already been said,but how often do you have to water the plants?(Bonsai) So real.and the figures Wow,saw a movie many years ago about a Dad who shrunk the Kids(Honey I Shrunk the Kids) back in 1989,and I'm sure you have worked out how to do this:D Cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...