If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Intruder503

1/32 A-6E Intruder from VA-115

OK. Finished one of the mini-builds.

I decided to take a shot at some scratch building. First project was to make a couple 10L O2 Convertors. l used to have to fill these as part of my duties so I thought it'd be neat to include them. The A-6 carry 2 (EA-6B carry 3). Anyway after some quick searching, I was surprised to find the specs fairly easily. Here's what I wanted to make:

36280396576_55c2237585.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

I used some beads I found to serve as the LOX vessel. I used some plasticard to make the base. I used some wire to make the handle.

36304500765_7f7b08f6b9_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

36304500645_5c7e62bbca_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

36304505745_1c0502c758_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

36322860875_8c46f62193_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

and the finished product

36280342556_956f766f7d_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

Edited by Intruder503

Sorry for the lack of updates. Not much bench time lately. And even when I do, I'm just doing boring detail stuff like eradicating the kit's detail in the main gear wells so I can do my own and blending seams here and there. Not really pic worthy I'm afraid.

The devil is in the detail, show us your blended seams................

Great subject 503 I'm an ntruder nut and a little bit jealous because I haven't had the pleasure of  building this kit yet . Glad to have you back in the hobby and you're doing a superb job.  

I never got to see an intruder in the flesh being in the UK . I did get to play with a prowler which was close...ish I suppose ? And her USMC crew were a lot of fun . Looking forward to seeing more as the build progresses ... happy modelling and ... Go Eagles ! ;)