DIAL-O-RAMA.

Badder

Hi all.

I've just had an idea.

There must be loads of members out there who DON'T build dioramas, but have in their heads good themes for dioramas. And whilst they won't ever build those dioramas, maybe there are other people out there who would?

So, if you have an idea/theme for a diorama, but can't or don't want to build it yourself, post your idea here and we'll see if anyone takes up the challenge of building it.

Of course, the diorama will be property of the builder, not the thinker-upper.
And also of course, maybe you are a diorama builder but are lacking in ideas for a theme... You can have a look through the challenges posted here and pick one you fancy. (IF there are any!)

I am busy building my own dio for the next year or more... so I can't take up a challenge any time soon, but I can set the first challenge...

I WANT TO SEE A TOON SHERMAN TANK IN A TOON DIORAMA!

Who's up for building one?

I am leaving the specific details up to the taker-upper of the challenge, but others might want to be more specific in theirs.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 4

How about a tank teetering on the edge of a large bridge, almost about to fall into the river below and there is a tank crewman hanging by his fingertips from the tanks track again almost about to fall into the river!  Any tank. Any nationality. Maybe there is already someone in the water below struggling to stay afloat. 

• Like 1

How about this one?

ec7f843c-23af-4414-8b2b-4362bcc96fed.jpg

15th April 1945.

Sergeant Beale of B Squadron 10th Hussars (PWO) lost his Sherman in a treacle filled shell hole after the factory near Ravenna had been bombed by the allies. Corporal Higgs, the driver and the rest of crew escaped unharmed, if a little sticky!
IWM

• Like 5

I have far more ideas than I have time to build.

The only diorama I have built is the "lunch-table at the parking place" with some chopped cars. Any way there are lots of ideas.

Among my more further plans is the old Norwegian church Borgund Stavkirke:

Fil:Borgund_stavkirke.JPG

[IMG src=Borgund_stavkirke.JPG]

But the church has to be build with coffe-stirrels-sticks. The area around will become more easy.

8-)

Edited by Major_Error
F§¤%& picture tag!
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Alex Gordon said:

How about this one?

ec7f843c-23af-4414-8b2b-4362bcc96fed.jpg

15th April 1945.

Sergeant Beale of B Squadron 10th Hussars (PWO) lost his Sherman in a treacle filled shell hole after the factory near Ravenna had been bombed by the allies. Corporal Higgs, the driver and the rest of crew escaped unharmed, if a little sticky!
IWM

That sure would make an interesting diorama. Anyone who has messed up the hull and running gear of their Sherman should leap at the chance!

BTW I am a bit disturbed by the ghostly image of the chap standing a few metres to the right of the archway.:frantic:

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Major_Error said:

I have far more ideas than I have time to build.

The only diorama I have built is the "lunch-table at the parking place" with some chopped cars. Any way there are lots of ideas.

Fil:Borgund_stavkirke.JPG

[IMG src=Borgund_stavkirke.JPG]

But the church has to be build with coffe-stirrels-sticks. The area around will become more easy.

8-)

That church is a  stunning. I'd love to go and see it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Major_Error said:

Wow, that church looks amazing!

• Like 1

Just seen the war film FURY! Relating to that,  how about a sherman tank surrounded with dead crew and German soldiers, with a tank crewmember hiding under the hull with a German SS soldier looking straight ahead? 

15 hours ago, Clogged said:

Just seen the war film FURY! Relating to that,  how about a sherman tank surrounded with dead crew and German soldiers, with a tank crewmember hiding under the hull with a German SS soldier looking straight ahead? 

Well, the less said about the end of the film 'Fury!' the better! :D I'm not sure paying homage to that ridiculous scenario would be taken seriously IMHO!

Although, maybe it could be done with 'Toon Tanks' and German clown figures?? :penguin:

Rearguards,

Badder