Scales problem

Hi all, 

I am embarking on my long intended collection of Moths and other English Golden Era kites and was going to do them in 1/48th scale, but having done over a hundred car masters in brass in the scale of 1/43rd, I got to wondering....why shouldn't I use that for the aircraft, then I can use the cars in little set-pieces that will go with the aircraft.  I don't exhibit my models. I don't belong to a club. Only my sons would want them when I croak, so what's to stop me?

I have a friend who does slot car parts as a second business and he said he would resin cast the parts like noses and wings for me. Now, if he were to decide to make kits to sell, I suppose 1/48th would have to be the default scale.  Or would 1/32nd be expected for smallish light aircraft?

Let's face it...Tony Woodley worked in 1/36th for his gorgeous scratchbuilts.

Cheers,

Martin

If the quality is there, then the scale is irrelevant.

Look at aircales' 1/18th Spitfire in the Aircraft WIP.

The interest is certainly there as is the quality.

And, you are the one that's building these models for your pleasure.

You also plan to put them alongside your vehicles so there's no contest really.

Please post pictures in the future so that we can enjoy them too.

Interesting.  

Pictures?  Well, so far PB seem to have left me alone, so I'll keep using them, but if they ransom demand me, I have no idea what to do.

I suppose, if my chum decides to forgo slot cars for model aircraft kits they'll be 1/48th, but if not, they'll be 1/43rd.

I do wish Hubert would hurry up producing that Dragon Rapide in 32nd that I mastered for him. I have a gorgeous black Invicta Low Chassis waiting for it. I even developed a range of 19" wire wheels for it !

Martin

Yes, I did it for somebody who didn't use it. I have a few sets of the mouldings, but have made another master for a friend who wants to use it for his "Brooklands" range of pre-war slot car kits. All in 32nd scale of course.  I made the 19" wheels for him too, but for a scenic set-piece I can turn the rims so the wheels are see-through.

I'll take a pic tomorrow and see if PB will allow me to show it.  If not, I don't know.

Martin