Mirage III "Lafayette" External Stores

Murph

I'm looking at building the Pj kit with the markings for EC 02/004 in the nuclear strike mission in 1979.  I can't determine if it carried any self protection stores (Phimat and/or Barem) at that point in time.  Any idea when those stores showed up?  Google hasn't been able to provide an answer so far.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Murph here is a pic of a Mirage 111 with the AN52:

Mirage3E_1983_4AB_mf.jpg

the caption says July 1983. I found one site that says the Phimat came into service in 1978 so it is possible they were carried in the time period you have in mind. I haven't found anything about when ECM pods came into use.

Here is one in the markings you plan, no pods:

m-iii-an-52.jpg

Jari

Edited by Finn
  • Like 2

On the Mirage GB, there's a reference thread where I've posted several links.

One of those links is to a public information film about EC.2/4 Lafayette, it's from the mid 70's, slightly earlier than your timeline but it does include in-flight footage of strike configured ac.  Well worth half an hour of your time.

You could always come and join us in the Mirage GB, its only just started.

• Like 1

Did this in 1/48 a few years back and according to the references I used then a Phimat was carried on both outer wing stations , cannot remember now exactly where I found this  but suspect it might have been from an issue of Air Fan or Air Action. 

Edited by Des
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wez said:

On the Mirage GB, there's a reference thread where I've posted several links.

One of those links is to a public information film about EC.2/4 Lafayette, it's from the mid 70's, slightly earlier than your timeline but it does include in-flight footage of strike configured ac.  Well worth half an hour of your time.

You could always come and join us in the Mirage GB, its only just started.

Wez,

There's some good info there, thanks for the point out.  Right now, I'm building two other kits for presentation and that is taking up my efforts for the near future.

Jari/Dez,

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Murph