Airbrush or paint issue?

Gardner95x

Hello,

Recently got a Takom Maus Tank and am going to be doing a camo pattern on it so I'll be using a airbrush, I got one that came with a air can and for some reason the paint won't come out, on its own I can feel the air come out of the brush but with paint nothing happens?

I was using Tamiya Xf paint (Red Brown and Dark Green) and thinner but am wondering if the paint is still too thick for it? I'm planning on trying Vallejo with it to see.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

I'm an airbrush noob, but was having a similar problem recently, air flow but no paint when pulling back on the trigger. It turned out I hadn't screwed in the bit that holds the needle tightly enough when I'd stripped it down for cleaning. I took the back off, tightened the mechanism that holds the needle, and that allowed it grip and pull it back allowing the paint to flow. Hope that helps.

I'm assuming that you've used this brush before and it worked OK, if so to me it sounds like the syphon tube is blocked or have a look at the lid of the jar and see if the little hole in it is blocked.

Pete