Hello

Gingercoastie

Hi folks, I am returning to modelling after quite a long break.  After reading through some of the WIP threads I can see I have a lot to learn.

Modelling intrests will focus around the RN ships and aircraft that have a family connection as I was in the navy and both my sons are both currently serving.  

I am currently working on the Airfix Type 45 using a combination of the PE for this one and the Trumpeter version.  I am building as HMS Duncan as my eldest is currently on board her.   

• Like 1

:wink:Happy to see you here, mate!

Seems there are few people building ships, in this forum!

I'd like to see your work, :ner:are you posting some pics anywhere?

For the moment good job and

Fair Winds,

Laerte from Italy (so forgive my mistake English)

Welcome aboard Ginger. Many of us are returnees after getting side tracked by life, so welcome back to the hobby. I was also surprised how much had changed with gluing bits of plastic together, but it looks like you are getting well settled in as your doing PE already.

Gorby

Welcome aboard ginger. Newer member here from the other side of the pond. First off let me say i salute your service and both of your sons service as well. 2nd as Gorby said most of us for various reasons, myself included. In my case i burned out from trying to be the perfectionist. The lesson there being know one will ever get it perfect. If it looks good to you thats what really matters. Its really a hobby and hobbies are for relaxing unless im incorrect. 

Anyhow welcome 

Dennis

• Like 1