Fw190D-9, JG2, 1945

Good Afternoon folks!

Here is my first ever Luftwaffe subject! Always had a spot for the long-nosed Dora so decided to have a crack at the Hobbyboss kit that I picked up in Seoul for £12! Its a beauty and even comes with photoetched parts.

I added some seatbelts and the old-style canopy from the Eduard kit. Paints by Mr Hobby and Xtracrylix, decals by SkyModels. The colour scheme may be inaccurate, I used an old article in a Luftwaffe modelling guide which I later found out contradicts Jerry Crandall's research. There is a good chance that it should be 'Black 11' and the RV band should be black and white too. Oh well! I like the JG2 markings :D

Apologies for the depth of field issues with the photos, I took these outside and its nearly 50 degrees. It was a race to see if the model or I would melt first and as the flat coat started to get tacky after about 30 seconds there was no way I was going back out there to take more!!!

cCQ60iR.jpg

ZbV4DiA.jpg

kgtZbXB.jpg

y966IP5.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Edited by airbus320
  • Like 27

Chris,

A very nice Dora! Was not familiar with the HB kit, but it looks like they did a decent job with it. I really liked your understated weathering and panel line work! What's next?

Mike

On 05/07/2017 at 2:36 PM, airbus320 said:

There is a good chance that it should be 'Black 11' and the RV band should be black and white too.

JG 4 machine. Mombeek is the JG 4 authority. Very neat build and finish ..

On 6/07/2017 at 0:36 AM, airbus320 said:

There is a good chance that it should be 'Black 11' and the RV band should be black and white too. Oh well! I like the JG2 markings :D

Chris

Sounds like an early researcher mistaking black markings for yellow ones being affected by ortho film.

Really, really nice Dora, too, the subtle & understated way you've weathered it is wonderfully well done to my eye.

Steve.