Aeroclub 1/48 EE Lightning F1a 111 Squadron

Well this really is my first RFI for ages, I've been battling with this mixed media kit for months and finally given in, definitely going to stick with injection kits now I've removed this from the loft lol!

Ive had this kit for ages and finally decided to build it last Christmas to go with my Airfix F6 - to be fair the kit goes together ok, just my cack handed modelling that made it more difficult.

The base kit was actually an F3 but I wanted to do an F1a as I had a spare Airfix F1 fin. So with that in mind its probably not 100% accurate, I shortened the ducting on the lower fuselage but theres probably more I should have done. The Eagle Eyes among you will probably notice the markings on the fin are not quite right for an F1 either, they are modified F3 decals kindly supplied by fellow Britmodeller Rob G (Cheers mate!).

All OOB apart from the pitot tube.

Paint used was Revell Aquacolour Aluminium & Silver and yellow and black for the spine and fin.

Anyway, here is it, only managed to get a few passable photos :-)

EEL-F1A-01.jpg

EEL-F1A-02.jpg

EEL-F1A-03.jpg

Edited by SimonR
  • Like 25

Well done, an excellent job , looks very much the part and possibly the inspiration to complete a project started over twenty years ago.    

Bought the F.6 many , many years ago having watched John Adams demonstrate one on the Saturday of the Scottish Nationals when they were held in Stirling , thought long and hard about it overnight and went back through on the Sunday (I lived a lot closer then) to buy one and since have got as far as assembling the both wings and the main fuselage but always chicken out of bringing them together and finishing the job.     So might do something about it soon unless something equally shiny distracts me.

• Like 1

Cheers for the kind words guys :-)

Des, build it - if I can do it I'm sure you can!!

Thanks Russ, I've got a Sword T4 in the stash to make a nice trio at some point!

Cheers

Simon