1/48 & 172 - Percival Proctor Mk.I/II/III/V & Vega Gull by Dora Wings - 1/72 & 1/48 released - new boxing 1/48 Proctor I

Homebee

23 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Cheers Dave,.... good find. Liking the large rank pennant on the fuselage.

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

Found this this afternoon, an alternative scheme for X1032. 

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1740762

the description said "approximately 1940", but please note the roundels (without yellow?) and fin flash in late style ("C") so at least 1942, I think.

So I suggested correction there...

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

the description said "approximately 1940", but please note the roundels (without yellow?) and fin flash in late style ("C") so at least 1942, I think.

So I suggested correction there...

J-W

Agreed J-W,..... the roundels are later,..... but the description only refers to the aircraft being impressed for service in 1940,...... here is the description "ex G-AEXU, impressed in 1940. Roundels and fin flash are of newer type introduced in 1942. Location is a guess."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Agreed J-W,..... the roundels are later,..... but the description only refers to the aircraft being impressed for service in 1940,...... here is the description "ex G-AEXU, impressed in 1940. Roundels and fin flash are of newer type introduced in 1942. Location is a guess."

This is a description after my correction :) , before it was just repeated "date: about 1940". First I wrote post on BM, after while I have noticed possibility of correction there....

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JWM said:

This is a description after my correction :) , before it was just repeated "date: about 1940". First I wrote post on BM, after while I have noticed possibility of correction there....

Regards

J-W

Fair enough mate,..... those of us who know our roundels will have gathered that it was after 1942,.......  well done for spotting the error,....

• Thanks 1