Meng 1:35 scale Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab

Hi folks.

It's been a while since I last posted anything as I have have to concentrate more on my business.

This is one of the many kits that I received from good ol' Santa. I decided not to add any lighting or anything and to pretty much build it out-of-the-box with my own colour scheme (Ford Gold).

This is the first Ming kit that I've made and, overall, I was quite pleased with everything. The only downside was that no chrome parts were included and as these kits cost that little bit more, I was disappointed as Revell include chrome parts in a lot of their kits for less cost.

Anyway, I had an old Routemaster Bus engine going spare so I thought about mounting it on the back of the truck to give it a payload. Also added are chains, rope and wood supports to keep it secure.

I have included some section builds in the WIP forum to show some of the details that are hidden when assembled.

Thanks for viewing. It's always appreciated.

Crew_Cab11Crew_Cab12Crew_Cab13Crew_Cab14Crew_Cab15Crew_Cab16Crew_Cab17Crew_Cab18Crew_Cab19Crew_Cab20Crew_Cab22

Crew_Cab21Crew_Cab22Crew_Cab23Crew_Cab24Crew_Cab25

• Like 7

On 05/07/2017 at 6:34 PM, John_W said:

Nice.

Shouldn't the rear springs be a bit lower with that load though?

Thanks John.

Adding the engine was a sort of after-thought and it was too late to change the spring settings. But I may just have a cunning plan.............watch this space :idea:

• Like 1

On 05/07/2017 at 8:53 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

It's only a model of an engine.

Like Camelot. Shhhh!

I'm surprised about the chrome too.

Mind you, a lot of people strip it off

anyway nowadays.

Actually, Pete,  I did see some video's of people using foil. I just thought I'd ruin the grill if I tried it for the first time, so let it be.

As Manuel used to say....'I learn, I learn.......I from Barcelona.....' :penguin:

• Like 1

On 05/07/2017 at 6:34 PM, John_W said:

Nice.

Shouldn't the rear springs be a bit lower with that load though?

Well, John, I took your advice and lowered the rear suspension. As soon as I posted the first pictures I could see that it didn't look correct and it was niggling me a lot.

Below are the new pictures. I didn't go too low as it may have looked 'over-loaded'.

Cheers for the advice.

20170713_12173720170713_12171020170713_12164920170713_121626

• Like 2

Looks good, what was it like to build? Quite straightforward? I have a couple that are waiting to turned into light rescue trucks with some bodies added. So many things to model and so little time. 

6 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

Looks good, what was it like to build? Quite straightforward? I have a couple that are waiting to turned into light rescue trucks with some bodies added. So many things to model and so little time. 

Hi Phil

Good to hear from you again.

Actually it was a very nice kit to put together and everything fitted as it should. As I said, the only thing was lack of chrome parts but you may be able to work around that.

The glazing for the windscreen and side windows are in one piece. I did think about cutting the doors out which would mean some careful cutting of the glazing. 

Overall, I enjoyed making it.

• Like 1