Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
ukmodeller

Meng 1:35 scale Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab

Hi folks.

It's been a while since I last posted anything as I have have to concentrate more on my business.

This is one of the many kits that I received from good ol' Santa. I decided not to add any lighting or anything and to pretty much build it out-of-the-box with my own colour scheme (Ford Gold).

This is the first Ming kit that I've made and, overall, I was quite pleased with everything. The only downside was that no chrome parts were included and as these kits cost that little bit more, I was disappointed as Revell include chrome parts in a lot of their kits for less cost.

Anyway, I had an old Routemaster Bus engine going spare so I thought about mounting it on the back of the truck to give it a payload. Also added are chains, rope and wood supports to keep it secure.

I have included some section builds in the WIP forum to show some of the details that are hidden when assembled.

Thanks for viewing. It's always appreciated.

Crew_Cab11Crew_Cab12Crew_Cab13Crew_Cab14Crew_Cab15Crew_Cab16Crew_Cab17Crew_Cab18Crew_Cab19Crew_Cab20Crew_Cab22

Crew_Cab21Crew_Cab22Crew_Cab23Crew_Cab24Crew_Cab25

7 people like this

Nice.

Shouldn't the rear springs be a bit lower with that load though?

It's only a model of an engine.

Like Camelot. Shhhh!

I'm surprised about the chrome too.

Mind you, a lot of people strip it off

anyway nowadays.

1 person likes this

On 05/07/2017 at 6:34 PM, John_W said:

Nice.

Thanks John.

Adding the engine was a sort of after-thought and it was too late to change the spring settings. But I may just have a cunning plan.............watch this space :idea:

1 person likes this

On 05/07/2017 at 8:53 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

It's only a model of an engine.

Like Camelot. Shhhh!

I'm surprised about the chrome too.

Mind you, a lot of people strip it off

anyway nowadays.

Actually, Pete,  I did see some video's of people using foil. I just thought I'd ruin the grill if I tried it for the first time, so let it be.

As Manuel used to say....'I learn, I learn.......I from Barcelona.....' :penguin:

1 person likes this

On 05/07/2017 at 6:34 PM, John_W said:

Nice.

Well, John, I took your advice and lowered the rear suspension. As soon as I posted the first pictures I could see that it didn't look correct and it was niggling me a lot.

Below are the new pictures. I didn't go too low as it may have looked 'over-loaded'.

Cheers for the advice.

20170713_12173720170713_12171020170713_12164920170713_121626

2 people like this

Very nice.

A suble thing but it adds character.

2 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice.

A suble thing but it adds character.

Quite agree John. Hopefully next time I will think of it before fixing the suspension.........:banghead:

Looks good, what was it like to build? Quite straightforward? I have a couple that are waiting to turned into light rescue trucks with some bodies added. So many things to model and so little time. 

6 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

Looks good, what was it like to build? Quite straightforward? I have a couple that are waiting to turned into light rescue trucks with some bodies added. So many things to model and so little time. 

Hi Phil

Good to hear from you again.

Actually it was a very nice kit to put together and everything fitted as it should. As I said, the only thing was lack of chrome parts but you may be able to work around that.

The glazing for the windscreen and side windows are in one piece. I did think about cutting the doors out which would mean some careful cutting of the glazing. 

Overall, I enjoyed making it.

1 person likes this

Wow! That engine sure looks big on this kit. I only used an old 1:24 scale engine from a Routemaster kit. May have to re-think that...........

Another great looking model Kevin. Well done.

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Another great looking model Kevin. Well done.

Thanks, Vinnie. I'm a bit skeptical about that engine though..........the more I look..............:idea: