Potez 29 - scratch conversion from Broplan's XXV with two others '25 by Hit-Kit in background

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

Great modelling. I notice that the sepia pics of the ambulance seem to show the same colour demarcation under the tail as the desert craft. Could this be a tail marking rather than camouflage?

Thank you. I think that it could be overpainting of previous yellow tail of Vichy marking in Syria... or the yellow not overpainted.

CheersĀ 

J-W

2 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Hi, are the older pics not pre-Vichy? if it's the film type, it implies yellow tails are original, perhaps?

Don, good question...

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi

I found on some photos in books which I looked in Musem library that some Potez 29 of FAFL still had tri-colour stripes on wings of Vichy markings, however they look perpendicular to leading edge, not 45 degree sloped. Today I found in net one photo showing such stripes

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

This is superb modelling J-WĀ :clap:.

The scratch building on the Potez 29 is like watching a sculptor at work; great stuff.

Regarding the white metal;Ā antimony, lead, tin, bismuth and zinc may or may not all be present. I think it can be quite poisonous.

Ā 

It's kind of a generic name for light coloured alloys. The radiator on your model is very nicely moulded, nice solution for a rotating propellor :thumbsup2:Ā 

Ā 

I was trying to figure out what happened with your bottom wing; did it start to crack? It looks like a tricky repair.

Ā 

This is going to be a very attractive trio. The Bristol Jupiter really suits the Potez XXV :).Ā Keep up the good work!

Ā 

TonyT

• Like 1

Hi JWM, good job so far. Please could I ask you for a favor? Would it be possible to scan the paint schemes of the HitKit "TOE" Potez? I have the Jupiter one but not TOE. Thank you very much in advance. Marcel

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Hi JWM, good job so far. Please could I ask you for a favor? Would it be possible to scan the paint schemes of the HitKit "TOE" Potez? I have the Jupiter one but not TOE. Thank you very much in advance. Marcel

Thank you. Do you need a real scan or photo of set will be OK? I do not have scan at home so it will take few days more if I have to find some scanner...

Heve you seen this book:

http://www.avions-bateaux.com/produit/promo/993

This is one of the books I looked through in Museum in Krakow. There is a couple of very interesting profiles for TOE from Indochine...

Regards

J-W

Ā 

Hi

I started to work on engine of '29Ā and propellers of both 29 and 25 TOE. In Hit Kit set the propeller is made of white metal and looks very rough (it is completly flat), needs a lot ofĀ shaping so I decided to do both out of scratch. The original propeller in TOE (and most of military 29) was a metal one, which actually looked a bit like a folded tin, like on this photo

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania Potez 25 TOE

Ā 

I started to construct it using outer parts of Airfix Lancaster prop and central part made of sheet folded at the ends

Ā 

potez DSC06228

Ā 

On top of above photo you can see back of front radiator of 29. It is a resin home made copy of radiator from Broplan vacu, which was a bit modified by glueing in the back a piece of drilled out plastic rod and from from it underwent some sculpturing

potez DSC06229

Ā 

Still it does not looks nicely as white metal part of Hit Kit, but it is not finished.

Ā 

The tail of 29 for today:

potez DSC06233potez DSC06234

Ā 

I corrected also tails of both 25s:

potez DSC06232

Ā 

Marcel, here is back of box of Potez 25 TOE by Hit Kit with painting schemes:

potez DSC06230

Please note the disclaimenoter on the bottom left:

potez DSC06231

So all schemes comes from the book Ā metioned here.

To be cont.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

HiĀ 

I made small progess on '29 working on detailing of engine, drilling holes for riging and glueing abit alomst all

potez DSC06235potez DSC06238potez DSC06237potez DSC06239potez DSC06236

Ā 

With two '25 I am just doing holes for riging

Ā 

To be con.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 4

Looking good J-WĀ :)

You cut and detailed the window in the top wing. Very nicely researched; it looks just right.

Ā 

I like the detail on top of the cowl :thumbsup2:Ā 

Ā 

Do you drill all the way through the wing for rigging?

Ā 

Best regards

TonyT

Ā 

Ā 

8 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

You cut and detailed the window in the top wing. Very nicely researched; it looks just right.

Ā 

I like the detail on top of the cowl :thumbsup2:Ā 

Ā 

Do you drill all the way through the wing for rigging?

Ā 

Thanks! I drilled through only on bottom wing, the top wing only from its bottom side, so I will start riging from top wing and after getting glued I will go through bootom one and got tension. We will see if it will wor.The problem could be between fuselage and top wing - I hope I Ā can still drill it out If I will not manage this way due to small chord ofĀ Ā lower wing....

Now I have to repair my small driller - the accu went off and I have to replace it by a new one since that one is not re-charging almost at all

I Poland we have the hotest week this summer. Temperatures goes up to 35-37 C...Ā For us it rare

Cheers

J-W

Ā 

• Like 1

Upper wings are on posiion on all of three Potezes. I started riging, FirstĀ 29:

Ā 

potez DSC06240potez DSC06241

Ā 

Ā 

Jupiter '25

potez DSC06242

Ā 

Ā 

And Lorraine 25 is waiting

potez DSC06243

Ā 

Ā 

To be cont.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 3

Beautiful rigging :worthy:

Double cables, as per the real thing, where required.

Ā 

It's easy to forget that this is 1/72; the rigging looks like 1/32.

Ā 

:goodjob:Ā 

TonyT

• Like 1

Tony, many thanks :)

Today no news on Potez 29. I started to finish both '25s.

Ā 

Since some days I stated to think on "strategy" about Potez 25 in my collection. There is a announcement on the proxime release of new kit of '25. Whatever it will be I can do conversion to Salmson engine and perhaps to a Greek one with V-engine. Salmson driven variant was used in Spain and this made me doubtfull regerding doing Jupiter variant from SCW. So i decided to change concept - the Jupiter driven '25 will be in Croatian markings! Moreover - I found in book "Sojusznicy Luftwaffe" (Allies of Luftwaffe) a photo of ambulanceĀ in Croatian army:

potez DSC06265

Ā 

There re two other schemes known for Croatian Jupiter '25 but I think that ambulance will be the most interesting.

It is very late to do any conversion, but I cut piece of fuselage, made a canapy and wounded soldier to fill some space inside:

potez DSC06261potez DSC06264potez DSC06262potez DSC06263potez DSC06270

Ā 

I finished riging in both '25"

Ā 

potez DSC06271potez DSC06272

Ā 

Ā 

For '25 TOE I would like to do machine with spoky wheels, so I bought this time PE set by Part with WWI Spoky wheels and use some rubber o-ring

potez DSC06260

Ā 

Gkueing with CA gave result which is OK for me:

Ā 

potez DSC06273

Ā 

Diameter 11 mm!

Ā 

To be continued

Regards

J-W

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

I am finishing first of Potez - the '25 Jupiter by Hit Kit converted into Croatian ambulance. Now decals. The red crosses are unussual very narrow form, so I have to make them not to adopt from other kit:

potez DSC06274potez DSC06275potez DSC06276

Ā 

And then:

potez DSC06277

Ā 

To be continued

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 3

The Croatian ambulance was a very good choice J-W; that's a very rare bird indeed :thumbsup:Ā !

Ā 

Once the ambulance patient recovers I think he's going to need a skateboard, aĀ cushionĀ and a couple of heavy laundry ironsĀ :o.

Ā 

The rigging is superb. I'll go toĀ look at the RFI

Ā 

The Part spoked wheels look great. Jadar hobby can be a difficult; I really like Part photo-etch, Agama paints, but Jadar have a very, very high minimum postage for Australia. If you know another supplier for Part J-W, please let me know :thumbsup2:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

TonyT

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

The Croatian ambulance was a very good choice J-W; that's a very rare bird indeed :thumbsup:Ā !

Tony, I know we both like SCW subjects, but Croatia was so important user of XXV, and only Jupiter driven. So simply I had to... I was thinking for a while on bomber scheme, bot not this one from Potez monography but "white V 13" . But ambulance was more differnt and unique- so temptation was strong...

Ā 

14 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Once the ambulance patient recovers I think he's going to need a skateboard, aĀ cushionĀ and a couple of heavy laundry ironsĀ :o.

Ā 

The rigging is superb. I'll go toĀ look at the RFI

Ā 

Ā 

:):)

16 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

The Part spoked wheels look great. Jadar hobby can be a difficult; I really like Part photo-etch, Agama paints, but Jadar have a very, very high minimum postage for Australia. If you know another supplier for Part J-W, please let me know

The postage from Poland to Australia cannot be small... What can I suggest is to do use backet as storage space and once a year or more rarly do purchase. Then with a lot of items the costs will split in some way...And with time you can really think twice if you need that or that item, sorry to say ;) ...

Cheers

J-W

Ā 

• Like 1

Hi,

I am close to finish with second '25 - the TOE from French Vietnam, 1942.

It is alredy after some initia painting:

potez DSC06303potez DSC06302

Ā 

Ā 

The build of Potez 29 stopped on u/c.

I did it today. started from preparing the central join of axes:

potez DSC06300

Ā 

Then I constructed it:

potez DSC06304

Ā 

Ā 

I started paint tri-color rudder:

Ā 

potez DSC06305

Ā 

Ā 

To be cont.

Cheers

Jerzy-WojtekĀ 

• Like 2

Really nice work, there J-W! Am I mistaken or is there not a company that's going to be bringing out a new-mould injection Potez XXV? IBG maybe?

Ā 

Regards,

Ā 

Jason

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Really nice work, there J-W! Am I mistaken or is there not a company that's going to be bringing out a new-mould injection Potez XXV? IBG maybe?

Ā 

Jason, many thanks! I appreciete.Ā 

The Czech Azur-FROMM, which is part of Special Hobby/MPM consortiumĀ announced release of Potez XXV. They said that there will be many variants done. So similar to Northrop A17/Gamma or Vildebeest.Ā Despite doing here two XXV I will buy for sure some of fresh Azur Ā release (Salmson engine for example and a Greek one)Ā . The Potez 29 is produced as resin kit by LIft Here. No injection so far.

Regards

J-W

Ā 

You're welcome! I'll probably have to buy two - one for a SCW example, and a TOE for the Gran Chaco war. Who knows, maybe they'll come out with a Br.XIX also.

Ā 

Best Regards,

Ā 

Jason

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just post Potez XXV TOE at RFI

pote toe DSC06322

I am sorry that I have not made photo documentation of detailing and finishing...

Cheers

J-W

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4