Meng Models KV2 Russian tank

Well, I'm back with yet another fun 24hr build.  I really enjoy building these little kits.  Planes, ships and tanks...all fun.

These are snap together kits, but I treat them like any other model and glue them together.  I try to find actual photos of the subject, so some semblance of authenticity can be maintained.

This is there MENG KV2 WW2 Russian tank.  None of the research photos I found of real KV2s showed any of them with national markings, Cyrillic writing or serial #s on them anywhere.  That being said.  Here is model #21 for the year.  I hope you like it.

IMG_2144_zpswpvmglqg.jpg

IMG_2143_zpsz6kgumrk.jpg

IMG_2142_zpsof3kzxta.jpg

IMG_2145_zpsge06suzd.jpg

• Like 6

Kris... so far there are four Meng World War "Toon" tanks available.  They are addictive ...LOL  I hope you get to build all four.  (Sherman, Panzer, King Tiger and KV-2)

I was expecting a 'proper' kit tank, so I got a bit of a shock when the hull slowly appeared beneath the turret... slow to upload to my page....

But these 'toon' kits really are quite fun and cute.. in the same way that kittens and puppies are cute when compared to their parents.

My only problem is what to do with them? Would a toon tank look good presented on a smart plinth? I dunno, I've not seen anyone do it.

And I've not seen one placed in a diorama either.

So how about it?

I WANT TO SEE A TOON TANK IN A TOON DIORAMA!!!!!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

I had no idea they did armour in this style after building a few aircraft 'egg' kits I will most certainly give one of these a try. They're fun and just soooooo coooool!!!!

• Like 1

Simon382... there are four tanks models in this series (so far). A Sherman, A Panzer, the KV and the King Tiger.  Meng also has several egg-esque planes and one ship model.  Its the USS Lexington, which is also on this site.  Plenty to keep you busy.

Edited by Les Moore
addition to text.