Lim-2 (MiG 15 bis) Trumpeter 1/48

Hello, I`ve managed to take pics of the project I`ve been working on for quite some time. I`ve stopped cause I decided to build the new CSM`s kits - F.K.8.

The Lim-2 was a Polish Licensed built MiG 15 bis. I always wanted to have a decent looking kit of the Polish Lim 2 sitting on my shelf since I had been looking at one during 8 classes of my primary school (named after the 1st Fighter Regiment "Warszawa" (Warsaw) as you can see in the picture below:

27acc484658a7d341617dba075d398db.jpg
Source: http://www.epktspotters.org - For discussion purposes only

Unfortunately, it has been repainted some time ago in an inaccurate manner - the tactical number should be red etc.

I was also lucky to find a picture of that plane during the time of its service in 38th Fighter Regiment located in Powidz:

n5AT9Vf.jpg

When it comes to the kit I use the Part set for MiG 15 Bis and Bill Model decals and Alclad paints.

jTP6MXM.jpg

rDudqYT.jpg

3giMLYv.jpg

4Ri8HKR.jpg

hRCTJlP.jpg

3fXqSjk.jpg

CjXJGmu.jpg

cmqd9XJ.jpg

FehDNnx.jpg

wqsSpMD.jpg

SQ0aJwb.jpg

• Like 7

Yes, the differences are quite prominent. The 17 is bigger than the 15, the nozzle in most cases, the shape of the canopy, the shape of the airbrakes, 1 more fencer on the wing etc. 

When it comes to the PF or PFU variant the air intake is also different due to Izumrud radar.

I`m no expert just some things that come to my mind straight away. 

There`s 17 (Lim 5M) in my hometown too, but I need to find a way to get closer to it, cause it`s inside a military base set as a monument. I`m planning to build is as well.

• Like 1