Airfix Westland Sea King HU5

• 2 weeks later...

Not had much time this week to really do anything on the build,

I did manage some detailing on the winch, its plumbed in now 

and its as far as i'll go for this area.

I crash moulded the small spotlight next to winch, its not perfect but it will do, I think I have a lens 

that's small enough to fit.

P1040914_zpsuxtliaqp.jpg

P1040913_zpsjrsobdjv.jpg

P1040912_zpsnjqjyk8j.jpg

P1040915_zpsxgvndd44.jpg

More soon hopefully :wink:

Dan

• Like 10

Thank you chaps :yes:

Started on the final touches on the sea tray, the two dams are roughed out again 

using Green stuff, its been quite tricky as the putty is very thin, still it should pass muster :D

P1040917_zpshqk0aslw.jpg

P1040918_zpsxdh0lsht.jpg

I've also added the missing frame to rear seat each side, I have decals for the "Step Over " on the two dams, they will go on after painting.

Dan 

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since any updates, life getting in the way again.

So I've started on the interior painting, cockpit first and I've moved onto the rear seating. belts to add yet to 

the bench seats.

P1040919_zpsn7rwpofd.jpg

P1040920_zpsgxpw2xsc.jpg

P1040927_zpsmvaehlza.jpg

P1040926_zps1v9goco7.jpg

Cheers 

Dan

• Like 7

Dads,

Does the SK Mk3 kit come with associated SAR bits and bobs for the cabin?

I only ask because i have a mk4 and i am thinking about churnning out a 772NAS cab so additional SAR bits would be useful.Fortunately the airframe didnt have all the bells and whistle attached to the outside as per 771 mk5s so i wont have to replicate your awesum efforts.

1 hour ago, junglierating said:

Dads,

Does the SK Mk3 kit come with associated SAR bits and bobs for the cabin?

I only ask because i have a mk4 and i am thinking about churnning out a 772NAS cab so additional SAR bits would be useful.Fortunately the airframe didnt have all the bells and whistle attached to the outside as per 771 mk5s so i wont have to replicate your awesum efforts.

Cheers fella, 

Most of the interior is provided in the MK3 boxing, it just needs to re arranged and tweaked to meet the RN config, I used the Radome from the Revell kit and the PE sets for the Airfix HC4 for a few more bits just to refine it a bit further. 

Dan 

In your cockpit mock up you had the collective sticks swapped, the one with the "T" end (for lack of a better term) is the catain's, so belong in at the Right seat. the one with just a handle at the end is the copilots.

Other than that, HOLY CRAP what workmanship! its simply outstanding!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Winnie said:

In your cockpit mock up you had the collective sticks swapped, the one with the "T" end (for lack of a better term) is the catain's, so belong in at the Right seat. the one with just a handle at the end is the copilots.

Other than that, HOLY CRAP what workmanship! its simply outstanding!

Cheers Winnie,

I know the part you are talking about, I shall correct it. I couldn’t find any clear pictures so I thought they would be both the same :yes:

should have some bench time tomorrow so hopefully another update.

Dan

The right hand seat has several additional controls not available on the left - like brakes, for a start.  The winch is on the starboard side, and some of the extra things on the lever control that (though they’re never used); it would make little sense to have the LHS flying when winching on the other side (though I did have to do it at least once, during particularly interesting mountain resuce...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you chaps, I think I have got it, I did add the top of the "T"  to pilots collective but is its glued to his hand, just to make it 

easier when installing.

So do I need to remove the "T" from the co pilots collective? 

P1040792_zpsgkfew8j0.jpg

Cheers 

Dan...only slightly confused :o

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, dolphin38 said:

This is a picture of a ASc 7 I have circled the collective and I believe there is no T on the end not a great photo but the best I could find, hope it helps

I've found a couple of pictures of the cockpit of an HAR Mk.5  in the Wings & Wheels Westland Sea King in Detail book which shows that the right hand collective does have the "T" handle whilst the left hand collective has a simple black handle with a single "push button" - @Crisp can probably confirm/expand but it looks like the co-pilot's thumb would naturally rest on it.  I'm not sure if you've picked it up from your references, both of the collectives are matt aluminium with black handles.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much chaps, all is clear now :D I shall sort out the copilots collective later today.

I’ve finished painting up the troop seats now,just need to add the belts now, update a bit later today once I have something to show.

Cheers 

Dan

Troop seats done, belts next but not really much of an update tbh but I've been redecorating the lounge and dining room.

Collective for P2 is done, photo's later ^_^

P1040929_zpstxjmwg58.jpg

P1040930_zpstzkop8nn.jpg

Cheers for looking in 

Dan 

• Like 3