Meteor PR10

Hi,

I've had this on the go for a while and finally got it finished today, it's the MPM kit of the PR10. Nothing wrong with the kit to cause a slow build just work getting in the way of good modelling time. The PR10 was a hybrid Meteor as it had an F8 fuselage but an F4 tail, with a long span wing and of course the camera nose.

VS975 served only with 541 Squadron based in Germany from 1951 until it was scrapped in 1958. It was originally camouflaged and had the earlier part metal canopy.

resized_cbf6e863-a1d2-4a5c-92ae-2f88b138

resized_5d8f7312-44e6-4da2-8217-4c80a3fb

resized_56c8d3c7-778b-45df-8c9c-0787d5ac

That makes 23 Meteors completed now. Thanks for looking.

Steve

Edited by BritJet
Re-link photos - thanks PhotoMuppet
  • Like 27

Nice job on that. I didn't even know these existed as a mark till I saw them on MJWs website, so did some googling & then just HAD to buy one. Nice to see one made, nice to see one made so nicely. :)

Steve.

She'd go like the clappers with that gloss finish, and she'd need to with no guns to fight off Red Air.  I wonder if she was the boss's jet, having the red intake lips, so kept extra shiny😉.  Seeing your model makes me even more desperate for Airfix to extract their collective digits and issue their 1/48th FR. 9 which must be in the works somewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

On 02/07/2017 at 20:22, WildeSau75 said:

Very nice - like it. What colors did you use?

Cheers,

Michael

Both Xtracolor PRU Blue/Medium Sea Grey

On 03/07/2017 at 12:36, stever219 said:

She'd go like the clappers with that gloss finish, and she'd need to with no guns to fight off Red Air.  I wonder if she was the boss's jet, having the red intake lips, so kept extra shiny😉.  Seeing your model makes me even more desperate for Airfix to extract their collective digits and issue their 1/48th FR. 9 which must be in the works somewhere.

It looks shinier in the photos than it actually is, I don't know if it was the boss's bird as there don't seem to be many photos of these around.

I've just relinked the photos so hopefully they are visible again now - thanks a lot PoxBucket.....

Steve

• Like 2