1/72 High Planes Mirage IIIO RAAF

Mr B

Cheers Ray/Graeme

That is good news indeed thanks for the confirmation.........so I can press on with the rub down and painting.....

best regards

Brian

11 hours ago, TrojanThunder said:

Brian,

The decals are good, Wilks is a member here and on the Aussie Modeller Forums who has built around 10 of the High Planes kits and he has reported no issues with the decals being translucent. Unfortunately, the Photobucket saga has blocked all his pictures.

Here is one of his High Planes builds from Facebook

11218213_10208099016490376_8365481337798

Ray the pic just showed up ....did not see it earlier in the office......great build by Wilks ......I would love to know why it has the yellow band......might just like to copy that....(mood depended though).....the nav lights really look good as though it's has electrical....power to them

rgds

1 hour ago, TrojanThunder said:

Brain, maybe Facebook is blocked at your work?

The yellow band was water based paint to show this as an 'aggressor' type aircraft when they were practising ACM. So you knew who was on 'your team'

Cheers Ray.....not really ....no Facebook is good to go.....at work.....but we did have some slow internet connection today. Anyways...thanks for the information .....really learning a lot on the Australian mirages......I remember them as a lad....when I use to visit the butterworth nafee store as my dad was based in Alor Setar...at that time....one thing really stuck to my mind was looking a recruitment based mag  (which later was given to me)with air force written in the front with the roo insignia...with a mirage formation flying in the background with brown n green camo I think. Inside I remember one picture was of a mirage looking cake on a waffer based runway.....dunno what happens to all these treasures of mine....as with many other pics much later when my dad was deputy commander at IADS. You might know that mag I talk about as you were in the services as well....thanks again

rgds

brian

• Like 1

Hi guys

managed some paint. Next will be decals,weathering n minor bits. My yellow paint dried up...being an impatient type...just pressed on with the standard scheme....

MIynASn.jpg

tpSGhuM.jpg

rHtJypx.jpg

uSp4JDa.jpg

izEweHK.jpg

thats all for now

rgds

• Like 5

Very nice Brian; good work on the painting. If it's not too late, you might remove the ECM bullet on the leading edge of the fin; these weren't fitted to the IIIO variant. Sorry for not picking it up earlier.

Andrew.

Cheers guys ...much appericated.....

ray - mixture of blue tac and free hand

Andrew- yes been meaning too snip it off....thanks for the reminder......

next decals then

thanks again guys

rgds

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got decals on...dunno y but most of them tore n hard to handle.....but managed it...

next will be some weathering n final assembly ....trying before months end but been busy with life n work

orJY8Bp.jpg

yFG7eiY.jpg

just noticed tht the airbreak out line shifted need to repair that....hmmmm

rgds

mr b

• Like 4

Good progress Brian, I'm sure you can rectify a couple of errant decals.

Looking forward to the end result, I do like that scheme on a Mirage.

Cheers Wez

I hope I can find a some black decals of similar line size and cut it to shape or if not its sharpie time................:)

The scheme does look pretty especially with the colorful sqn motives on the tails..........and the nice roundels..............tempted for the two seater.....but ...1/72 is a bit hard for me nowdays............the special hobby f-1 also looks tasty.........

Rgds

B

1 hour ago, Mr B said:

Cheers Wez

I hope I can find a some black decals of similar line size and cut it to shape or if not its sharpie time................:)

The scheme does look pretty especially with the colorful sqn motives on the tails..........and the nice roundels..............tempted for the two seater.....but ...1/72 is a bit hard for me nowdays............the special hobby f-1 also looks tasty.........

Rgds

B

I have some spare speed break outlines, PM me if you want them Brian.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 5:58 PM, Mr B said:

No I do not have the original release....

Looking great, Brian! 

I just received the new HPM Mirage IIIO/IIID Twin pack, and compared to earlier kits, the panel lines look great.

Gene K