Photobucket to stop allowing direct linking unless you pay.

Thanks for that.

It is born of a positive thought, nothing malicious.

The forum will come out of this with a new 'haircut' , we'll all feel better and be able to get on with things.

I look forward to it.

You can watch Kitmakers decision on my 'EXPEDITE DELETE' thread there.

Thank you.

Edited by krow113

Your point is entirely valid, and there's no-one more qualified than you to tell someone whether your thread makes sense or still has value without pics.  My nightmare would be my personal inbox full of thread delete requests, which was why I mentioned the Report function, which spreads the load across the team :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings.

I've been a member here for some time, but have never posted.  Just used to read and find inspiration. There are great works in this forums. I'm a novice, and having made just a couple of models I don't feel I have the expertise that most of you show.

Also having suffered the photobucket issue, I wanted to contribute by sharing here this solution I found in another forum.

There are plugins for Chrome and Firefox to circumvent the Photobucket restriction.

If you install it in your browser, you will be able to see again the pictures that were blocked when Photobucket made its questionable change.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

I'm using Firefox, installed the add-on, and now I can see again the images that were previously blocked in all threads in forums and other sites.

Don't know if this will last. But at least is good to read old threads again. Specially in this forum that has so many wonderful build threads that were crippled by that issue.

This fix doesn't mess with your account, it doesn't require any login or password.

Only people that install this fix in their browsers will be able to see the blocked images.

I clarify I have no affiliation with the developers of the plugin.

Kind regards.

Edit:

Test. 

My 1/400 Titanic hosted at Photobucket:

015.jpg

Edited by rubenandres77
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, rubenandres77 said:

Greetings.

I've been a member here for some time, but have never posted.  Just used to read and find inspiration. There are great works in this forums. I'm a novice, and having made just a couple of models I don't feel I have the expertise that most of you show.

Also having suffered the photobucket issue, I wanted to contribute by sharing here this solution I found in another forum.

There are plugins for Chrome and Firefox to circumvent the Photobucket restriction.

If you install it in your browser, you will be able to see again the pictures that were blocked when Photobucket made its questionable change.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

Thanks! It works!

Cheers

Jaime

• 2 weeks later...

It works on Chrome for me. I'm not sticking with PB, they can do one for all I'm concerned. As a visible tool for which photos go where this little hack has saved me loads of time re pointing my threads.

Hope that helps some in the mammoth task should they wish to do so.

You guys probably know but in Flickr you can re arrange your pictures in date order, Very handy for the task at hand.

Good luck buds.

Jont

1 hour ago, Rick Brown said:

Works with FireFox, but not with Chrome here.

Rick.

Now working in Chrome, forgot to clear the browser cache.

Obviously this is just a bodge for looking at other sites etc.

I'll just slowly go through my relevant threads and replace with either OneDrive or Flickr links.

I personally don't find either of these as easy to use as PB.

Oh well, moving on.

Rick.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am new to Britmodeller and I have been trying to understand why, within the posts, are images for Photobucket showing a scale at 100% asking me? to allow 3rd party hosting in my account. I want to know if this means my Britmodeller account (although I cannot find where) or do I need a PB account to view the image which is referred to. Or from reading the posts, does it mean that these images have been lost by PB's actions? Thanks in advance

It was action by Photobucket which blocks the images.

We all had free accounts, or most of us did, then in July '17 Photobucket decided they wanted $400 so we could post our photos on sites like Britmodeller. Nearly all of us decided not to pay and we shifted our photos to other hosing accounts. That has left the PB ransom demand image in place instead of a nice modelling photo

I believe even if you have a Photobucket account you'll not see the blocked photos on here

Some of the lost photos can be replaced but many cannot as the original poster is deceased, left BM or the photos are long since lost

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I have my Jasmine F6F thread that I looked at again when someone asked me about it, but of course I couldn't get the pictures to work. I want to put the photos on a decent and more ethical site, then edit the thread to reinstate them.

The 64 thousand dollar question is of course where to upload the pics instead of PB. Not being tech savvy, I'm not as up to speed as I should be so would welcome the latest picture host suggestions 

Cheers

Les

I now use Flickr which works well for me. 

I still have my PB account although it is now dormant. I have found that using an iPhone (my normal method of communicating here) you can transfer images on PB direct to Flickr. I have transferred several photos at a time, although curiously can ‘lose’ one occasionally. All you need to do then is set your transferred photos to ‘Public’, copy the new link and then paste it into your thread and the job is done.

Trevor

• Like 1

On 04/07/2017 at 4:29 PM, Mike said:

A day late and a dollar short, but it shows the scale of the tsunami of destruction caused by this insensitive and sneaky money grab by Hades based Photobucket.  They know FULL WELL that no-one reads updated terms & conditions, so they realised they were doing something pretty underhand.  Shame on them :fraidnot:

Photobucket are a dirty lot of poo pants.

• Like 2

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 06:38, lesthegringo said:

Guys, I have my Jasmine F6F thread that I looked at again when someone asked me about it, but of course I couldn't get the pictures to work. I want to put the photos on a decent and more ethical site, then edit the thread to reinstate them.

The 64 thousand dollar question is of course where to upload the pics instead of PB. Not being tech savvy, I'm not as up to speed as I should be so would welcome the latest picture host suggestions 

Cheers

Les

I use Village Photos. If you look in FAQ's, there's "An idiot's guide to using Village Photos".

John.