Alpha Charlie- A 1:144 Concorde

Good afternoon!

Now that the exams are all over, time for a bit of a celebratory build.

DSC_0006.jpg

I have made the 1:144 Concorde from Revell in the past (albeit very poorly, it has since been binned) and yet I can still remember the substantial amounts of flash and poor fit that punctuated my previous encounter with this kit. Well, here we are now; the kit still has flash, awful injection markings on the outside of the fuselage (see photos below) and a lack of detail (notably the landing gear is missing A LOT of bits and bobs).

....But it does have some terrific decals which should make the whole thing worthwhile :D

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

*ugh*

Now, this is what I've just completed (I need to touch up the paint on the canopy), my first Spitfire in years:

DSC_0010.jpg

(RFI soon-ish?)

Armed with the excellent website that is http://www.concordesst.com/ and a copy of "Concorde: The inside story" by Brian Trubshaw, I feel suitably equipped to begin this Endeavour! Wish me luck :P

Kind regards,

Sam

• Like 3

Hi

Good luck on your Concorde, and a great looking Spitfire by the way, and the Vampire on the edge of the photo looks stunning, funnily enough the Vampire is exactly what I am building now.

Once again good luck and best wishes

BetaSingh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetaSingh said:

Hi

Good luck on your Concorde, and a great looking Spitfire by the way, and the Vampire on the edge of the photo looks stunning, funnily enough the Vampire is exactly what I am building now.

Once again good luck and best wishes

BetaSingh

Thanks :) I'll take a proper photo of it tomorrow so I can get some natural light on it; it was my first attempt at rivetting and I'm very pleased with it, a great little kit!

Sods law obviously then dictated that I would happen to see the real thing at Halfpenny Green airport two weeks later:

DSCN3053_copy.jpg

Sam

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BetaSingh said:

Hi Sam

Hope to see the Concorde flourish

Good luck

BetaSingh

And flourish it shall!

DSC_0043.jpg

I have since given her a coat of white paint- awaiting a gloss coat, but it looks pretty good (I promise the photos shall be uploaded in a more timely manner ;) )

I've spent the past few days tidying up, and here we are (with the vampire, as promised):

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Sam

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A few more decals to add but we're almost done:

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

I used a bit of filler and plasticard to make the front windscreen taper to a slight point (this photo isn't the best to show that off) and I used pieces of card to make the windscreen frame on the "droop snoot". The next update should be an RFI if all goes well!

In the meantime I had a go at making some Dutch appelflappen (apple turnovers, essentially):

DSC_0032_2_2.jpg

Kind regards,

Sam

• Like 3