Pegasus Hobbies 1/48 bf109

First off,apologies to all the Luftwaffe experts,the colours I have used are not accurate,they are the the closest I had to hand[me not being a Luftwaffe fan].This was the first 1/48 model I have completed in a long time,I much prefer building in the one true scale.:lol:Anyway,the kit is a snap tite kit you can glue and comes with decals and stickers:shrug:I am told there are better bf109 kits out there,but as a first 1/48 kit it is great value at only £9.99.I enjoyed building it and that to me is what this great hobby of ours is all about,fun.As is the norm for me all paints are acrylic but this time slapped on with a big hairy stick.:lol:

bf109_zps5dsrjptd.jpg

bf1092_zpsufbudpy5.jpg

bf1093_zpsyblx9tdx.jpg

bf1095_zpsvrdlcspk.jpg

• Like 13

Looks fine to me, well done !  I always say, build and paint how you want and above all enjoy the hobby, plus I always use the big hairy stick for painting  too. thanks for sharing your build.  Kind of interested which acrylic paints did you use?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Colin1967 said:

Looks fine to me, well done !  I always say, build and paint how you want and above all enjoy the hobby, plus I always use the big hairy stick for painting  too. thanks for sharing your build.  Kind of interested which acrylic paints did you use?

Hi Collin1967,thanks,much appreciated,I used Vallejo Model Color.Not thinned but a ball bearing placed in the bottle and shook very well.

• Like 1

looks good to me!

I've done a couple of those pegasus snap kits (got them for Christmas! :) ) - a hurricane and a p51b.  Really enjoyed doing them.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawzer said:

looks good to me!

I've done a couple of those pegasus snap kits (got them for Christmas! :) ) - a hurricane and a p51b.  Really enjoyed doing them.....

Thanks Lawzer,I have just bought the P 51b.

10 hours ago, thorfinn said:

Lovely work!

I, too, love the Pegasus kits. I have their -G model 109, but hadn't realized they did an -E as well. Will have to check that out....

Thanks thorfin,these kits are ideal for me,no small parts to fiddle with.

11 hours ago, celt said:

Thanks Lawzer,I have just bought the P 51b.

Thanks thorfin,these kits are ideal for me,no small parts to fiddle with.

The p51 built up to not a bad little thing considering it has like 30 parts....

(ignoring the fact the white stripes should be yellow and the canopy silver and not black ;) )

DSC_5424_zpscyzxjrho.jpg

• Like 2