Intoduction letter

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hi all my name is dennis and im a new member. And im sure I will be asking questions in the near future as im starting a few cold war British aircraft. Including an Raf Fg 1 Phantom from #111 Squadron in the Grey on green camouflage. And one of my all time Favorite aircraft the F1 lightning (oddly both aitcraft will be from the same Squadron). Im from america so please excuse me if i get some things mixed up. Im not sure if its an Bac lightning but i've alwasy known them as English Electric lightnings. I know English electric was bought or absorbed into Bac. Just not sure if you prefer Bac to EE. Sorry again i realize this is on the longer side for an intro. Lastly i tried to add a photo to the profile but kept being told they were exceeding size limits. Which may affect my displaying my build/build progress pictures as well. If it does i would consider an email exchange if that would help? 

Hello Dennis and welcome to forum.

Plenty cold war modellers on here as I'm sure you've seen.

Phantom FG1 in the old grey and green scheme look good. I'm looking forward to the new Airfix kit as my one RAF one will be built as 'G' of treble one. The others of course will be built in 'proper' colours of the Royal Navy :)

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to BM.

I'm also into WWII and the early jets so I hope to see some of your stuff here soon. Incidentally, your introduction was brief compared to mine.

If you are having problems posting photo's @Bullbasket has done an excellent guide that may be of some help. It looks complicated at first, but if you go though it step by step you'll be posting pic in no time - just give it a go.

Gorby 

• Like 1

Thanks scimitar, 

i have the Hasegawa 1/48 Royal navy phantom. Originally was planning on doing mine as an 892 squadron phantom. But had done too many US Navy grey phantoms and was angling to get away from grey. But i can be persuaded to go with a navy plane. ;) I havent started yet as i have an F.3 Lightning from #111 to do first.

If i choose to do the RAF Phantom rest assured an RN one wont be too long in coming. As i want to do a USMC phantom from VMFA-531 grey ghosts when the cross-decked from Forrestal to the Ark Royal. So I will do a RN Phantom at the same time. 

Dennis

• Like 1