"Hang on Chewie, they're not getting us without a fight" Studio scale Millennium Falcon - DeAgostini

Hi

Thanks to our dedicated and most loyal club photographer at IPMS Farnborough, here are the pictures of my completed DeAgostini Millennium Falcon (20 editions of which belong to him I do need to add!) -

Built from 100 editions of various sized parts as a studio replica of the 3 footer Falcon used in ESB and ROTJ. Mine had its own paint job and face-lift as I was not particularly impressed with the basic toy look of the parts from the kit supplied parts.

This is BIG, heavy, and has already been exiled to the garage by my Fiancée ("get that bloody great big plastic hamburger out" were her exact words I seem to remember)  - perhaps a show piece for Telford in November, I'm not sure as its table top greedy. A fun build and as I stated numerous times on the WIP threads, very much worth its weight in metal and plastic when the costs are spread out - the pub till takes more from the average Gent per month than DeAgostini do when building this kit. 

mf1_zpswsskqowb.jpg

received_10213325014068937%20002_zpsgynb

mf2_zpshfob07b3.jpg

mf3_zpsm5js6kjn.jpg

mf4_zpsznzptkwr.jpg

mf5_zpsjccqp8ql.jpg

mf6_zpsxk4sq4bb.jpg

mf7_zps6jzdp289.jpg

mf8_zpshugipe6z.jpg

mf9_zpsszzpfozq.jpg

mf10_zpsxxavahug.jpg

May the Force be with You

John

• Like 19

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Jindus said:

Great job, looks like an absolute monster!

cheers Jindus - yep its a 3 foot long monster and weighs a ton - its full of metal strips holding it together