Eduard 1/48 Brassin Spitfire Top Cowl

IanF

On ‎1‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, squidgy said:

hello, i recently purchased 1 x early and 5 x late, yes i can confirm they are all too big, i have created a ticket with Eduard and sent them some pictures as well as posting on Facebook, not sure if i got a bad batch, how could they have missed this issue ?

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

i will keep the group informed of what they say

cheers

That's quite the balls up and would require a fair bit of faffing about to rectify.

If that was me though, I'd want my money back and tout suite too.

• Like 1

latest update, received update from support ticket, they have checked their items and found nothing wrong (so not sure if the first ones that went out were a packing error or something like that) they are going to replace my whole order, i will wait till i get them, if they fit, then i will put it down to one of those things and purchase the cowl for the mk VIII (648338) and the XVI (648307),

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up getting the Barracuda 1:48 ones; Roy's known to be a bit of a Spitfire fanatic and a stickler for accuracy. I tried one as a dry fit on one of the fuselages from Eduard's "Aussie Eight" kitset, and it proved to be a straightforward drop fit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

I ended up getting the Barracuda 1:48 ones; Roy's known to be a bit of a Spitfire fanatic and a stickler for accuracy. I tried one as a dry fit on one of the fuselages from Eduard's "Aussie Eight" kitset, and it proved to be a straightforward drop fit.

Yes and the detail matches the kit unlike the Eduard one. I haven't tried the Ultracast one as I've had problems with the size of some of their other bits.

Edited by Tbolt

On 2017-10-05 at 4:51 AM, Tony Oliver said:

Finally got around to it - Sent some pics of the oversize part in place and they are sending replacements 

👍🏿

I bet they will be too short too.

Eduard doesn’t seem to understand it was designed too short.

16 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

I think he meant to say "too long"

Yes, that is what I meant. I know quite a few people who have reported this problem to Eduard. I also know others who used them and sanded them down ( which results in fasteners disappearing). None that reported received proper length replacements.

• 1 month later...

Well after the pics and some correspondence replacement parts have arrived. 

218_DD941-7_D56-4724-8712-_BBEA5966_BEB0

Here’s a quick measurement of the two. 

30298468-06_E3-4_C25-9335-5283_F739_F011

51_BB007_F-78_E9-4_C02-9_AB3-0734117_E33

And here is my original. 
71323892-_E95_E-4_E75-9_EBF-_BDBE0564_BA

So the new ones are shorter, but perhaps not enough still. As fron what I remember the above cowl was about 1.5mm too long. 

That means the replacements needed to be 42.2mm instead of 43mm. 

Oh well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christer A said:

Close but no cigar!

I haven't bothered to ask Eduard about replacement parts yet, I bought a few Ultracast and Barracuda's instead.

Could you have check how these new ones fit on the model please?

Will do, but won’t be able to untill I’m back home again in a couple weeks mate. 

• Like 1